Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Issue with latest GSX

Thanks for the info, Gerald, and for the patch.

But the pushback still doesn`t work after the patch, when using just GSX and PF3 voice recognition.

Pushback request gets recognized, but I`m asked to start an engine first. If I start an engine and request pushback again I get a message from GSX to turn off engines first.

In that case, could MCE automatically select “no engine start before pushback“ as default? At least I would prefer that.

Mike

Will double-check...

Just in case, latest patch assumes you have the very latest GSX implementation with the prompt to select whether to start engines first (before pushback) or after pushback has been initiated. Previously, GSX wouldn't let you start first. FO should ask you whether you want to start first, then select option 1 or 2 depending on your reply

If you're on the latest GSX, when prompted by FO, either confirm you want to start engines first, or keep silent if you don't intend to.

If option is to start first, typically GSX will keep waiting until you have started at least one engine, then will start the push, without you asking for it.

I wonder whether the subsequent request caused MCE to send other keys that may have cancelled the pushback or something.

Also, since you're only using the pushback side of MCE+GSX implementation (a scenario that may not have been tested thoroughly), suggest you use another service like catering as a first request and see if request for push is handled OK thereafter. Don't worry, you won't need to handle the doors yourself, they will be automatically opened and closed as the trucks dock/undock.

To request catering...

Agent_Name + "we need catering"

Example: "Simon we need catering", "Dieter, we need food and drinks" etc...

Pushback request gets recognized, but I`m asked to start an engine first. If I start an engine and request pushback again I get a message from GSX to turn off engines first.

Also, very important, since there is no SDK, the Green bar is the means by which MCE finds out what GSX is doing.

GSX says "Open door X", MCE opens door X etc...

You cannot disable the green bar, or MCE would be reduced to sending keys without any kind of feedback.

Also, very important, since there is no SDK, the Green bar is the means by which MCE finds out what GSX is doing.

GSX says "Open door X", MCE opens door X etc...

You cannot disable the green bar, or MCE would be reduced to sending keys without any kind of feedback.

Gerald..'a'quick Q.

I have customized flows etc.

When I uninstall a nd install a new version of MCE , doo I lose all the customized flows ?..

Including voxkey I have configured ?

Thanks

no, you can easily (un)install MCE. Have done it every update. All flows and voxkey stuff still working

Best regards

John Cramer

I wonder whether the subsequent request caused MCE to send other keys that may have cancelled the pushback or something.

Also, since you're only using the pushback side of MCE+GSX implementation (a scenario that may not have been tested thoroughly), suggest you use another service like catering as a first request and see if request for push is handled OK thereafter.

that seems to be the case indeed.

I tried to request catering. Request recognized, Dialog started, but then the GSX menu popped up and stayed there. I was surprised to see the FSUIPC window pop up as well with info regarding ACARS ATIS not available this time.  This is PF3 Hotkey 2 !!

So I assume MCE tried to send Menu Selection "2" to GSX, but it got understood as Hotkey 2 for PF3.

Does MCE realize if PF3 Hotkeys get changed? So I might try to change the PF 3 Hotkeys 0 to 9 to something else.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Does MCE realize if PF3 Hotkeys get changed? So I might try to change the PF 3 Hotkeys 0 to 9 to something else.

Provided PF3 is installed on same machine as MCE, every time you connect it to the sim, MCE is able to see that and detect new call-sign, flight plan and assigned hotkeys.

Maybe better to use CTRL+SHIFT on all PF3 hotkeys, since you're using voice control and no need to press them manually. That will rule out interference with GSX assigned keys, never mind FSX built-in ATC and whatever other add-on.

OK, problem solved. I assigned the PF3 Hotkeys 1 to 6 to something else and now GSX works fine with MCE voice recognition.

Well, almost, just a little disturbance. Catering, fuel and boarding request work. Pushback works as well, but as soon as the pushback gets initiated, MCE FO comes up with necessary engine start before pushback. However, it isn't, GSX has already started it's pushback sequence and simply ignores it. So pushback continues normally.

Just a cosmetical disturbance . Real Cockpit Crew coordination is not even active, so MCE does not need to mention necessary engine start before pushback.

Mike

Just a cosmetical disturbance . Real Cockpit Crew coordination is not even active, so MCE does not need to mention necessary engine start before pushback.

Good catch! Thanks

Will be taken care of. You'll have to manually handle that part in next update.

Ok.

But to be honest, I`m not sure why GSX introduced that selection at all.

Engine start during pushback yes, but start engines even before the pushback tug is connected ??

Does that really happen in the real world ?

If you would ask me, MCE could automatically select `no engine start before pushback` by default.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your fast reaction !

Mike

Ok.

But to be honest, I`m not sure why GSX introduced that selection at all.

Engine start during pushback yes, but start engines even before the pushback tug is connected ??

Does that really happen in the real world ?

If you would ask me, MCE could automatically select `no engine start before pushback` by default.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your fast reaction !

Mike

Some aircraft like Concorde or CS 707 don't have APU, therefore need to start at least one engine on Ground air start before pushing. I believe it's also needed for Majestic Q400 for some reason.