Sign in to follow this  
npole

Any good regional jet?

I'm looking for a good regional Jet for XP10. With "good" I mean at least on pair with a Carenado product (in example like the Flywings Avro RJ70 for FSX), so: credible textures and panels and good 3D models (no fake colors.. plastic looking and such).

I've looked around, but I can only find sub-par looking planes .. nowhere near the FSX/P3D quality.

Anyone has anything to suggest? (please no ugly looking stuff like the avroliner project or such...).

I'm looking for a good regional Jet for XP10. With "good" I mean at least on pair with a Carenado product (in example like the Flywings Avro RJ70 for FSX), so: credible textures and panels and good 3D models (no fake colors.. plastic looking and such).

I've looked around, but I can only find sub-par looking planes .. nowhere near the FSX/P3D quality.

Anyone has anything to suggest? (please no ugly looking stuff like the avroliner project or such...).

Bombardier Challenger 300 Captain Edition by ddenn

or

CRJ-200 by Jrollon.

Both available on the .org store, the CRJ-200 also available on x-aviation.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thank you, I'll give them a better look on YT. At first look the cockpit texture looked meh .. :( on P3D i were used to fly the RJ70 and the Majestic Dash8.

The CRJ-200 by JRollon is definitely worth a spot on anybody's hangar, very well done, great performance, granted is does need a cockpit face lift but aside from that, you can't go wrong buying it. I got it when it was on sale, worth every penny even at regular price.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

The Saab 340 isn't a jet but probably the best regional airliner out there. It's study sim level and quality.

The CRJ-200 by JRollon is definitely worth a spot on anybody's hangar, very well done, great performance, granted is does need a cockpit face lift but aside from that, you can't go wrong buying it. I got it when it was on sale, worth every penny even at regular price.

I understand, but I have thousands invested in P3D, and before spending another thousands in XP I would apply the rule: buy only the above average stuff. I perfectly understand that the look isn't everything, but I just can't pass over the poor texturing (probably due to the fact that the aircraft was designed years ago for XP9).

So until I find something that would put a smile on my face saying: holy C .. this cockpit look so real! ...I don't think I will invest more money into this... it's gonna cost a fortune! :/

@bonchie: oh I didn't know about it.. now that cockpit looks well done. Lemme see some youtube videos...

The CRJ-200 by JRollon ...I got it when it was on sale,....

From which seller and how much?

I want to add the CRJ-200 to my fleet.

Thx.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

From which seller and how much?

I want to add the CRJ-200 to my fleet.

Thx.

X-Aviation

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/take-command-crj-200-p-68

Can't recall for how much was on sale, but believe me it is worth every penny at regular price.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

CRJ-200 definitely, and knowing that it will receive a sound upgrade by BSS, it will be a blast.

Alexander Colka

Thank you, I'll give them a better look on YT. At first look the cockpit texture looked meh .. :sad: on P3D i were used to fly the RJ70 and the Majestic Dash8.

I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve. Why not continue to fly them if they are what you are looking for?

That said: if it doesn't have to be a jet, the LES Saab 340 and CRJ-200 have both already been mentioned. Th Saab is a study level aircraft and the CRJ is very complex too.

My impression is that you care more about the visuals (you mention Carenado), so the X-Crafts E175 could also be a good choice in your case. As you correctly mention, the Avroliner should be avoided. Not sure if that project is even still alive and kicking.

X-Aviation

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/take-command-crj-200-p-68

Can't recall for how much was on sale, but believe me it is worth every penny at regular price.

It's also available at x-plane.org if that's the store of your preference: http://store.x-plane.org/CRJ-200_p_82.html

I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve. Why not continue to fly them if they are what you are looking for?

That said: if it doesn't have to be a jet, the LES Saab 340 and CRJ-200 have both already been mentioned. Th Saab is a study level aircraft and the CRJ is very complex too.

My impression is that you care more about the visuals (you mention Carenado), so the X-Crafts E175 could also be a good choice in your case. As you correctly mention, the Avroliner should be avoided. Not sure if that project is even still alive and kicking.

It's also available at x-plane.org if that's the store of your preference: http://store.x-plane.org/CRJ-200_p_82.html

I'm not trying to solve a "problem", I'm trying to find aircraft that matches the FSX/P3D quality.

Yes, I look at the visuals, it's really important to me to have a realistic looking aircraft (visuals), the E175 you mentioned (assuming is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJd70MW8NR0 ) is really sub-par under the visual aspect.. I mean, it looks fake if compared with the real thing.

I'm looking for stuff that are on pair with IXEG 737 or something where the textures doesn't seem painted for a 90's videogame... because with P3D I have tons to chose from, with XP I'm struggling to find a "good looking" aircraft, and I want to give XP10 a chance, that's why I'm recently flying it more.

is really sub-par under the visual aspect.. I mean, it looks fake if compared with the real thing.
I'm looking for stuff that are on pair with IXEG 737 or something where the textures doesn't seem painted for a 90's videogame

Well, for the outside (the fuselages): Good luck. ;) Please note that unlike FSX/P3D, X-Plane is not able to render reflections on aircraft fuselages by default, so 90% of all aircraft outside textures look somehow artificial. The FlightFactor 767 has a plugin which renders some kind of reflection, and there's one Carenado aircraft which achieves a nearly-similar effect with some other technique, but usually, you will miss something.

In the inside, though, I don't quite get what you mean. How do the 175's cockpit textures ((https://plus.google.com/photos/+NicolasTaureau/albums/6221849400572904001) look like from a 90's videogame? I don't know what you expect from a cockpit that even in real-life is sterile and boring? Sure, it's not IXEG quality, but certainly good. But if good is not good enough, then, well, sorry, there is no regional jet that fits your needs, because either it's too old (CRJ-200, Challenger 300), or to "90's".

• Upvote 2

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

No it's not about the exterior view, while in fact I can accept a subpar external view (99% of the time, I'm inside the aircraft).

It's especially about the uniformity of the texture, it looks flat. all the panel has the same color, the material appears to be fake, it doesn't take account of the light hitting it, neither it reflect the light in a natural manner.

Look at those panels, how's possible that a whole panel has the same "grey" color code on all the surface? It's like all the parts have been modeled by they forgot to apply the proper textures on them: a real surface is not like that, it has scratches, it has imperfections, it reflects the light differently.

I don't know if it's me to pretend too much... but that's nowhere near the quality I'm looking for.. it's 2016! And if I have to pay someone $40-$50, I pretend that they spend more than 10 minutes to paint a proper texture.

I don't know if it's me to pretend too much... but that's nowhere near the quality I'm looking for.. it's 2016! And if I have to pay someone $40-$50, I pretend that they spend more than 10 minutes to paint a proper texture.

Well, in case of the 175, there is no "they", it's (mostly) just a one-man-show, and not in development for 6 long years like the IXEG. This is also something you need to learn about X-Plane: Most developers consist of one to a few people, and most of them started out as hobbyists, and are still learning. And this shows. Don't expect A2A or PMDG quality, well, except from PMDG ;-) or maybe IXEG.

Back to the 175: I'm still not conviced that your description applies to the screenshots. When you display the screenshots from my link in full resolution (like this one), you will notice that the panel texture indeed is NOT uniform. It has a lot of scratches, parts that are darker or brighter, it has parts where the color has even peeled (as if this jet would be 30 years in use, which is a bit overdone imo). Sure, it is not perfect -- but if you want graphical perfection, take the IXEG 737 or wait another 2 years.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I didn't want to diminish the dev effort.. but I'm a customer, and if I have to pay for something, I pretend that it's top quality.

I have the 737 .. as I have the smaller aircrafts (luckily there's a good choice on that front), I'm just missing a medium/regional one (a little bigger than the 1900D that I have as well...) ... I will look at the Saab eventually, that looks well designed (from the screenshots / youtube).