Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Why no effects with AI aircraft like contrails.

Pretty sure it's further than 5mi.

Cheers, Rob.

Pretty sure it's further than 5mi.

Cheers, Rob.

Spent quite a bit of time yesterday flying around and checking it yesterday and found several posts regarding this issue in P3D.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10825

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10964

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97560

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I posted on the LM forum this morning the AI visibility question for P3D  and the moderator said that max vis for AI is around 10 miles. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yesterday i made close eye contact with AI plane.

Within 5nm contrails were visible, but at 7nm practically cannot spot them.

Also i'm not impressed about visuals of new contrails.

Those are weak, and consist of series of small puffs rather than solid vapour trail.

Maybe Keven will find time and improve those visuals ?

Artur 

Really?

Is your special effects slider inside the sim maxed? I get small puffs only at the end of the trail or with low setting.

Matthias

I had another vatsim member fly 8000ft below me today in the opposite direction vpilot using UT2 & fsfx & there were contrails but very short & disappear very quick didn't spot them till he was bout 4nm in front then it was gone , would be good to have them fixed.

So I need to have the special effects slider to MAX in order to get the full effects from this add-on? I have mine set in the middle. I'm trying to preserve some VAS, especially when running so many add-ons. I hope this isn't the case where I have to pick and choose what add-ons to disable. Thats the only reason I bought add-ons, is to enhance everything. I'd hate for this to be the way to "resolve" the problems is to disable stuff.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Sorry to bring back an old thread. But I am also having the same issue in regards to the viewing distance of the contrails. The only time I can see the AI contrails is when I am within 7.5 miles of the other aircraft. This is not very realistic, the contrails should activate as soon as the aircraft is within 40 miles of you. Is there any way to go into the setting to make this happen or has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Cheers

Marcus H