Sign in to follow this  
Moose4

Level D 767-300 after 100 hours

Guest bobsk8

I had orginally seen the Level D767-300 at the Avsim convention, and as I posted on this forum, I was not really impressed with the graphics as displayed on the monitor and video projector that I had seen out there. I posted this on this forum, and quite a few people stated that it looked great on their system, and it must have been system related as far as my poor impression. At the same time, I had been looking for a larger aircraft than the PMDG 737 and the Flight 1 ATR, since I had joined the UPS Virtual Airline and needed a Cargo type aircraft. When I returned to Atlanta, I found that there were a couple of 767-300 Level D repaints in the UPS Livery, so I decided to take the plunge and purchase the 767. I have not flown anything else since the day I installed this aircraft on my system. First of all, the people that stated that the graphics were excellent, were absolutely correct. All the panels are done very well, everything is readable, and the views out the windows both in 2D annd 3D are excellent. The startup procedure works perfectly everytime, and even though it takes a few minutes to get everything going, the sounds and the realism, make it all worthwhile. I have only used a ready to fly start once, and all other flights have been with a cold and dark start. The menus for setting the options you want like panel type, and failure rate, etc.. are very easy to use and you can configure the aircraft very quickly. The configuration program for the weight and fuel load is easy to use and gives you the weight and CG data to program into the FMC., THe FMC is the best of any FS9 aircraft that I have used since everything works on it. Now to the best part, flying this aircraft. From pushback and engine start, to taxiing out to the runway, to takeoff, flight, landing, this aircraft is as real as it gets. It hand flys like a dream, and I find myself hand flying every approach and takeoff, following the flight director. The plane trims out well, is stable in turns and pitch and behaves as you would expect with no flying "bugs" present. I flew a 767-400 Motion Sim for several hours a couple of years ago, at an airline training center, and this aircraft reminds me of that $27 million dollar sim, in the way it handles. The best part of this plane, is hand flying the ILS approach. I flew a UPS flight into Boston yesterday with 1 mile vis and 300 foot ceiling, and a Vastim flight into San Diego the night before with planes lined up one after another on the approach, and flying the LOC-ILS is rock solid and makes you never want to fly an autoland, since you miss so much of the challenge of the flight. I did try the autoland only one time, since I got the aircraft, and it landed the aircraft right on the centerline,in the middle of the touchdown zone and held it there though autobraking and rollout. All the other stuff, that you use each flight like the multiple light switches, the TCAS that works wonderfully with no bugs, the Co-Pilot that will set flaps ( if you want, I prefer to do my own) and calls out altitudes, the Flight Attendants that remind you that the door needs to be closed or the cabin is too warm, the working cargo doors front and rear, the APU exhaust, the excellent exterior modeling..... the list goes on and on.. I have set the random failure mode and the programabiity of that mode is extensive. I have it set for 1 Random failure a month, which is pretty realistic in my opinion. This should be interesting, since all my flights are on Vatsim..Anyway, to sum up, I look forward to every flight in this aircraft, and sense of realism flying it goes beyond anything I have experienced in MSFS. The only warning I will give you with this aircraft, is that once you fly it a couple of hours, you will be totally hooked, like I am.. :)

Guest bigun

Great summary of your impressions Bob. I agree with everything you said. The aircraft really is a fantastic piece of work. This aircraft is just simply the best thing going at this time for those of us that enjoy complex airliners. It's really nice to have so many extremely talented developers out there that give us such a large variety of great flying aircraft.

I love the LDS as well. The only thing that I don't quite understand is the failure mode timing. I have it set for 1 failure per day (which I know is absurdly high) but I have yet to see a failure. I wonder if the internal failure timer works on actual flying time and as my flights are approx 2 hours per....my chances of a failure are 1 in 12. If you set for once per month, you may never see one in a lifetime.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

LDS is indeed a stunning add-on; in fact "add-on" doesn't do it justice. In my view, LDS stands in its own right as the best aircraft of all time in MSFS. It is worth buying if only for its remarkable panel saving capabilities which places its yards ahead of other complex add-ons with FMCs. It's hard to describe how wonderful it feels to boot up FS, click on a saved LDS flight at 15,000 feet on descent and find the FMC set, the flightplan active, the MCP fully set with no adjustments required, and just continue with your journey instantly.Beyond that, LDS flies amazingly well and never goes wrong. The overhead panel works right all the time. No strange lights or buttons out of place. You don't get any weird nav readings. There are no flight glitches and no performance issues either. The virtual cockpit is a delight with a great deal of realism and functionality. LDS is the standard to meet or beat.JS

I second all of that! A superb piece of work.Can't wait for the 757 (or should I say alledged 757.....)

ngxu_banner.png

Guest ZOTAN

I am one of the people that dont get the crisp gauges and the readable text. Level D optimized the 767 for a resolution of 1280x1024. My monitor cant go that high. My gauges are crisp, the text is not readable. How am I supposed to get the plane in the air when I cant even read the text on the overhead panel? I believe you guys when you say that its a great addon, but until I get a new monitor the 767 will be parked in my hangar.

Guest Traffic

I could not agree with you more about this aircraft.I was one of the guys complaining at first about their private/closed forum but once I bought it just elevated FS for me. And thier forum is great and very helpful. No other aircraft comes close.My only gripe with LevelD is the whole licencing over-protection thing. I totally understand that they have to protect their investments but everytime I have to reinstall I have to go to my internet connected machine and jump through hoops in order to verify my order with them. I just wish it was more like PMDG or PSS in that regard. I might buy the CD version when it becomes available just for that.But otherwise, yes, absolutely the best airliner in FS9 bar none. My only wish is that someone like LevelD would take on the challenge of making an airbus.

Guest bobsk8

>I am one of the people that dont get the crisp gauges and the>readable text. Level D optimized the 767 for a resolution of>1280x1024. My monitor cant go that high. My gauges are crisp,>the text is not readable. How am I supposed to get the plane>in the air when I cant even read the text on the overhead>panel? I believe you guys when you say that its a great addon,>but until I get a new monitor the 767 will be parked in my>hangar.Is it your monitor that can't go that high or your Graphics card? How high can you set resolution? I am running 1152 x 864 x 32 and it looks great.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, have to admit, other than the DF 727, (you all knew that was coming), I find myself flying the 767 most of all. Now since I have the Queen running properly, its taken a bit of time from both the 27 and the 67, but the majority of my flights are short as my time is limiteed, hence the Queen stays in the hanger unless I have two hours to kill or more.Thanks LDS, it is worth every dime.Best to all Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>My only gripe with LevelD is the whole licencing over-protection >thing. I totally understand that they have to protect their >investments but everytime I have to reinstall I have to go to my >internet connected machine and jump through hoops in order to verify >my order with them. I just wish it was more like PMDG or PSS in that >regard. I find the Flight1 re-validation procedure to be a very minor hassle, but not an ill-mannered guardian at the gate that won't let some of the rightful residents in except as it suits the guardian. If you want to see an example of that, try an FSD product. God help you if you ever end up tinkering with a sick PC and have to beg them for permission to reinstall the software (which you paid for) a few times--even on the same machine!Like you said, developers have to protect their investment...I can't see how a downloadable product can be protected without a modicum of a challenge when the product is loaded. The trick is not making the customer climb the Great Wall and then still have to beg for permission upon reaching the top. For me Flight1 has a workable compromise. Others (Ariane and FSD among them) do not.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest ZOTAN

>>I am one of the people that dont get the crisp gauges and>the>>readable text. Level D optimized the 767 for a resolution of>>1280x1024. My monitor cant go that high. My gauges are>crisp,>>the text is not readable. How am I supposed to get the plane>>in the air when I cant even read the text on the overhead>>panel? I believe you guys when you say that its a great>addon,>>but until I get a new monitor the 767 will be parked in my>>hangar.>>Is it your monitor that can't go that high or your Graphics>card? How high can you set resolution? I am running 1152 x>864 x 32 and it looks great.>>I have an X800 so I doubt its my graphics card. Could you guys reccomend a decently priced LCD so I can get the crisp gauges?Thanks

>>>I am one of the people that dont get the crisp gauges and>I have an X800 so I doubt its my graphics card. Could you guys>reccomend a decently priced LCD so I can get the crisp>gauges?>>ThanksI'm using a HP LCD 2035 20inch that does 1600x1200 natively. I have it hooked up to my X800XL via DVI for a very crisp bright picture.

I love the LDS, great add-on. I just wish the VC was fully functional. I hate having to open up the radio stack and FMC with the 2d panel, I wish they could have added that in the 2nd service pack

Guest bigun

Hey Rob,If you keep the LDS program file (not the Flight1 installer) and key etc in the same directory, you can install the LDS as many times as you wish. I am constantly reinstalling my FS software because I f*rt around too much with it and never have to re-verify anything from Flight1. The only time I ever do a reinstall from the Flight1 wrapper is when there have been several interim updates on a particular package. Sometimes then I will do a full reinstall just to get the latest package without all the seperate updates.

Guest bobsk8

>>>I am one of the people that dont get the crisp gauges and>>the>>>readable text. Level D optimized the 767 for a resolution>of>>>1280x1024. My monitor cant go that high. My gauges are>>crisp,>>>the text is not readable. How am I supposed to get the>plane>>>in the air when I cant even read the text on the overhead>>>panel? I believe you guys when you say that its a great>>addon,>>>but until I get a new monitor the 767 will be parked in my>>>hangar.>>>>Is it your monitor that can't go that high or your Graphics>>card? How high can you set resolution? I am running 1152 x>>864 x 32 and it looks great.>>>>>>I have an X800 so I doubt its my graphics card. Could you guys>reccomend a decently priced LCD so I can get the crisp>gauges?>>ThanksI use a CRT, that way resolution is never an issue.