Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

India Mesh.

I wanted to make the mesh with forest areas like you have in Alpilots meshes but does not seem possible, else the SW coast mesh for India seems good except certain airports like VOTV have an elevation problem.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Mesh seems ok now. Will move east as initially I was only doing the west coast heading south from Mumbai. But starting from N18 E72 will head east , not doing N19 E72 / 73 as the mesh is not correct with the water and the airport area is pretty messed up so the  default Xplane tiles for this area is OK.

In fact I like the way western ghats are looking

I think there is an issue when I used waterways shapefile for India , most of land has gone missing and now only water. I used the water shapefile because it was not showing up correctly, but when I did a test flight using the waterways shapefile heading towards Bhadra Tiger reserve it showed up correctly but now strangely a lot water.

Guess I will need to test more using different water shapefiles.

I think there is an issue when I used waterways shapefile for India , most of land has gone missing and now only water. I used the water shapefile because it was not showing up correctly, but when I did a test flight using the waterways shapefile heading towards Bhadra Tiger reserve it showed up correctly but now strangely a lot water.

Guess I will need to test more using different water shapefiles.

its just a suggestion, but you may be better off posting your progress/problems in the DEV forums of xplane or fsdev etc .. if you wish to receive frequent or learned replies :)

kind regards,

jaffer

its just a suggestion, but you may be better off posting your progress/problems in the DEV forums of xplane or fsdev etc .. if you wish to receive frequent or learned replies :)

kind regards,

jaffer

Hi Jaffer,

Thanks for the suggestion, but before I made this topic here I had already made one @.org and don't think I received any replies.  But I will update that thread too.

The water shapefile does not look good had messed up everything so I reverted back to the other water shapefile I was using and it's ok.

Appreciate the effort! After you've finished India can you do a new mesh for Africa?  :wink:

Appreciate the effort! After you've finished India can you do a new mesh for Africa?  :wink:

WAT ! :mad: 

Well I don't mind if the data is good , but the amount of time India is taking and looking at Africa it's three times the size.

I think the tiles from N18 to N10 is ready. But this only covers the west coast of India heading south till Kerala.

• Upvote 1

But getting the forests / autogen stuff burnt in with the mesh is beyond me , so it will only be a plain mesh, one can use the current India OSM data and generate it using W2XP and it works wonders.

Please do share ;-) Looking forward to trying this one

Please do share ;-) Looking forward to trying this one

Sure, will upload to dropbox later today but remember it only has the west coast area.

Here is the link for the mesh :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63zkdmrknlqcmft/zzz_India.rar?dl=0

Just unzip and you will get a folder "zzz_India" , but mind you the mesh bare and it needs OSM data for forests and buildings, the osm data for Bombay is quite high and Bangalore , I haven't  tried OSM data more to the south.

Hi I would like to test the mesh for FS9 please! Thank you!

Cheers,
Sascha

Hi I would like to test the mesh for FS9 please! Thank you!

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

This mesh is for Xplane 10, and yes I have made a mesh for FS9 / FSX , it's a single mesh and works in both FS9 / FSX , but it only covers the same area in India that is in the Xplane 10 mesh.  I will be uploading even the landclass and stuff for FSX for whole of India. But the mesh for the whole country for FS9 / FSX would take time as has the Xplane 10 mesh because all this is way complicating for me but I am managing with some help.

I have currently covered the forests / railroad / raods for FSX. Some adjustments are needed though.

Guess I should upload the FS9 / FSX mesh , which I tried with 1arc sec data but got a lot of elevation and holes in FS9 / fsx so I went made it with viewfinder. but this 1arc sec can be rectified by merging two different meshes which is the case in the Xplane 10 mesh.

I think I do have the forests for FS9 but again the same SW area.