Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Are there any decent modern 757s?

I loved Captain Sim for awhile but about the time they released their 777 I decided I didn't like the company anymore. So I was wondering if there was a 757 or 767 out there that was as decently realistic as their model?

Probably not as complex, but the QualityWings 757, as well as a Just Flight 'Freemium' 757 and some freeware offerings.

I have and really quite like the QW 757.  It isn't a full buttons and knobs simulation, but if you wish, it's easy to jump in and fly with minimum effort and it's a nice looking bird. 

Also, decent on frame rates and working FMC, supported by Navigraph updates.

Ernest Pergrem

Does the QW 757 work in P3D 3.x?

Hans

From the link above;

"This product is NOT developed for and does NOT carry an official compatibility endorsement from QualityWings Simulations for Prepar3D. There are known visual issues during night flying. Installation is allowed, but does NOT carry support from QualityWings."

of course, in the MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:  it states;

Prepar3D Version 2.5 and earlier (See Notes Below)

So hopefully someone with both the QW 757 and P3D 3.x will respond.

Ernest Pergrem

From the link above;

"This product is NOT developed for and does NOT carry an official compatibility endorsement from QualityWings Simulations for Prepar3D. There are known visual issues during night flying. Installation is allowed, but does NOT carry support from QualityWings."

of course, in the MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:  it states;

Prepar3D Version 2.5 and earlier (See Notes Below)

So hopefully someone with both the QW 757 and P3D 3.x will respond.

Thanks Ernest, that's what I read. Hoping to find someone who tried. From my own experience it often works even if stated otherwise by the developer but good to know before you buy. Although I have more aircraft than I'll ever be able to fly already now it's still exciting to think about another hangar entry. 

Hans

Another vote for the QW product which remains the best 757 available, although it could do with an overhaul from QW to bring it up to the standard of which we know they are capable from their more recent BAe-146/RJ.

Bill

Another vote for the QW product which remains the best 757 available, although it could do with an overhaul from QW to bring it up to the standard of which we know they are capable from their more recent BAe-146/RJ.

Bill

QW has hinted at a new 757 project; however, first they have to get their 787 out the door.   

Matt King

I'm not a fan of any of the FSX/P3D 757 offerings, but the QW 757 is probably the best of them. The best 757 overall I've used has to be the 757 Professional for X-Plane. It's not quite up to PMDG standards, but it's very well done.