Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Help re. ES Guernsey VFR photo scenery

Can anyone help?

I already have ES Isle of Man Scenery installed, and am trying to install Playsims/ES Guernsey Scenery from disc. It keeps saying that a version already exists and I should remove first. However I don't have it installed.

Anyone have a similar issue with the now defunct Earth Simulations software?

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

When you Install a Scenery by Earth Simulations by Disk,  it will Install The ES Control panel into "Program and Features"  Each Disk Scenery comes with its own built in ES control panel.  

When you Install one Scenery you Need to remove the old ES control panel before you can try and install another Scenery.    Go to Programs and Features,  Right Click and Uninstall.  Please Note: Remove the Disk and restart your computer, before you do this. 

Run the Guernsey Disk again and see if that helps.

When you look at "Isle of Man" in  Programs and Features the content looks really big and does not look like the size of just a control Panel,  Do not worry, that's all it is,

Right Click and Uninstall it.   

This is probably not part of your Problem,  But when you Install a Scenery by Earth Simulations by Disk,  it will Insert a Key in your Registry editor called "Earth Simulations,  As you Install more Disk Scenery by Earth Simulations it will Update this key. 

But,  if you try and run the same Disk again with a Scenery you have already Installed,  The Disk Installer will see the Registry Key from the previous Install and in most case will not want to Install it.  If this happens................

To get around this you must remove the Earth Simulations key in your Registry editor,  The next time you run the Disk,  the Installer will see no Key and complete the Install. 

I'm not at home at the moment but i think the location of the Key is one of the following,  Locate it and Delete it  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \  SOFTWARE  \  Earth Simulations 

Or 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \  Software  Earth Simulations

Unfortunately ately neither of the above suggested solutions appear to work. Having removed the Earth Simulations registry entries, and I had already removed the ESI Installed previously. I still get the same message when trying to install Guernsey.

I decided to try and reinstall ESI Isle of Man, in order to reinstall the Installer, but now unfortunately running the auto-run on disk 1, it runs the first disk fine and then my DVDcdrw can't read the second disk! DOB

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

You might find some useful information in this thread

http://www.avsim.com/topic/460430-installation-of-earth-simulations-isle-of-man-boxed-edition/

and in this guide produced by Flightstore

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12271908/ESI%20Installer%20Help.pdf

The crucial element is to disconnect from the Internet during installation

I managed to reinstall all my ES scenery (some from disks, some from saved downloads) by following the guide and some trial and error.

You could also try copying the disks to an HDD and running from that to solve the the problem with the disks.

Thanks Michael,

I wish I had this guide before, as it might have saved me some heartache. As it is, I previously deleted ESI Installer manually, then as that didn't work, tried deleting entries in the registry as suggested. That didn't work either, and now I can't uninstall IOM entry in Program and Features. Doh! Perhaps I could find a standalone ESI Installer and install that?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Unfortunately still not able to install Guernsey.

Restored the registry to before I edited out the Earth Sims stuff, then tried copying over the ESInstaller to the path in the registry, then tried uninstalling IOM as per the help PDF, but seems I have corrupted the install of IOM, as I can't uninstall it. I tried repairing IOM (to try and run the uninstall after), but again my CD-RW drive won't read the second disk.

Guess I'll have to forego Guernsey Scenery afterall. Still I have plenty of other places to fly to!

Thanks for all your help.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

I have sent you a PM regarding your problem.

If the discs won't read in the drive try cleaning with spectacles cleaner and a soft cloth.

Tony