Sign in to follow this  
Nike Hercoles

Manual speed control during approach and landing

Depends on your hardware.

I always use liner response curves all axis with the Thrustmaster A10 HOTAS.  As for FSUIPC, none of my axis are calibrated with it using P3D for that.

This kind of question really has no correct answer. What works for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Pilot error or something wrong with my aircraft?

Odd indeed.

But just the picture doesn't tell the whole story, would have to analyze the whole approach to see what happened there...

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Pilot error or something wrong with my aircraft?

-David Lee

Was this in turbulence? You might try toning ASN down to 25% for all types of turbulence.

I notice you are going for landing configuration very early, so you are rather slow as a consequence. Also with gear down and full flap the aircraft will be less responsive. I don't select flap 20 and gear down until the G/S starts moving.

And when it comes to throttle slope setting in FSUIPC calibration, what is your recommendation? 

Unless your controller is non-linear I see no good reason to have a non-linear calibration curve. Aircraft controllers are usually linear, and that includes thrust levers.

Nike, whenever you do a thrust change, it must be either small or smooth. Don't make large and abrupt thrust changes because it's going to mess up your performance. The large engines of the 777 take their time to spool up/down.

Just because engines are larger doesn't mean they are slower to accelerate. The maximum time allowed to go from approach to G/A thrust is the same for all jets. A larger engine will have proportionally more fuel being burnt to accelerate it to overcome the higher inertia. However you are absolutely correct that a small change in throttle input is a larger change in thrust for the 777. This coupled with the greater inertia of the 777 means you might overshoot your target speed, then over compensate the thrust reduction and undershoot it.

Use the speed trend vector to judge how much extra thrust you need to get to the target speed. It shows what the speed will be in 10 seconds time. As you near the target speed back off the thrust so the speed trend goes to zero as you reach the target.

ki9cAAb.jpg