Sign in to follow this  
Guest DawgPaw

BEV -- Another Expensive Add-On?

Guest byoung

BEV looks really nice. But if you add each season at $12 the price of the add-on is technically $48. Although maybe it is nice you can spread it out for $12 a quarter.Barry

Guest JIMJAM

I have a hanger full of 25-50$ airplanes that I maybe get around to flying once or twice a week for a few hours. Bev, Active Sky,UT I can enjoy and see everytime I fly the sim. So if you were to divide the time used by the price, they are actually cheap as opposed to some of my planes.I personally fly Summer all the time but Im really impressed by Bev and will probably get the winter textures.

Hi, Barry. BEV is such a nice addon that I have made a second fresh installation of FS9, 9.1 update, UT USA, FSGenesis mesh/LC, and most importantly to me BEV. Plus of course ASVenh. FS9 never looked so beautiful! Who needs FS10 :)

Price is a relative notion...To some it is expensive, to some others not. We all have a different perception.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest allcott

And that price is only if you only fly in one texture zone. If you want them all it's going to cost more. And I want them all.;) Allcott

Well if you want them all it certainly will cost you, don't know how many regions there will be to replace the default textures that came with the $50 sim but probably more than five. So all up little change out of $300!! Furthermore the value for money of BEV has been eroded by the freeware release of included autogen. I have the summer BEV textures and they are nice if you fly VFR at about 5000 ft. However climb to over 10000 ft and there is little improvement over the defaults and you get more tileing than defaults with at least some BEV textures (eg grassland areas).Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

It will be 48 USD before Im interested in it. I'll only consider it once there are a full 4 seasons. Frankly, I think theres a major market for a global product at 120 bucks. FScene has been too expensive since it started. A good global product at a discount would sell well.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest DawgPaw

I have been confused about BEV since its release. From discussions about BEV a couple of months ago, I got the impression that BEV was best used in conjunction with other scenery packages. Is BEV a stand-alone scenery package or are other scenery required to run with it?

Guest DawgPaw

Thanks Jim. Yes, that clears it up for me.