Hello you all,

After lovely 6 years with the great Saitek Rudder Pedals, once I had landed suddenly there was a "Click" sound from it.

It felt like the left pedal lost its spring.

So when I opened it, there was a spring not in his place, and a broken hook shape plastic.

After a quick exam of the situation I understood that I have to find a new part:

The part who connect between the spring and the potentiometer.

There are photos of the rudder and the broken hook.

If someone, please, can help me find the part. there is no spare parts shop for Saitek.

If I have to, I'll pay for it.

Thank you very much.

post-4372-0-07125100-1462949431.jpeg

post-4372-0-34082900-1462949430.jpeg

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

X real ATC: LLHA, LLOV, LLET

"Why fly a single airplane, when you can control many more" \ ATC

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

Maybe after six years it is time to invest in a new set of pedals. But, my other suggestion is to try and find a small machine shop or something of the sort to see if they have spring parts. Also, you could measure the spring and do a google search.

Reading on another forum, someone with a Saitek yoke spring problem was able to use a small elastic rubber band,

. My opinion is that would be very difficult to put into place.

If you decide to shop for new pedals, I have had good success with the CH brand with toe brakes. Its usb male plug goes into one of the three female slots on the side of my Saitek yoke with three control sticks. I did not need any driver software. Windows 7 simply discovered the new pedals and the work fine. Good luck

Sherm

I have the same problem where the plastic gear and spring mount broke ( not the springs as suggested I the first reply). My broke after one year with not very much use. I contacted Saitek. Although it was slightly over the 1 year warranty in March 2016, they were willing to replace the part or maybe even the complete rudder. The problem is there are none in stock and no replacement parts to be found. So my ticket was closed a few days after they couldn't find the parts. Checking various blogs, doesn't sound like Saiek is getting rudder pedals in anytime soon. Not sure of the truth to one blog I read where Saitek/Madcatz laid off a significant amount of employees in Feb 2016.

Anyway, I've searched endlessly for parts and only find idiots selling broke pedals for around $100 or more. I've decide to make the 1/4 pedal gear and have it 3D printed. The way the piece is designed It is tough to figure out the correct gear measurements. It'll take me few weeks to make the 3D drawing, and get my first 3D print.Also trying to figure out how to do an aluminum casting of the part. I'll repost here if I have any luck with the part creation.

Hello!

I've got the same situation is here after 5 years of using. Could you solve the problem, or do you have any suggestion?

Thank you.

Mine JUST NOW broke loose on the right rudder pedal. Forget about trying to repair it as the tension from the spring is too much for most glues. Your best bet (and what I'm now seeking for) is to get a replacement unit entirely. Most places in Dallas seem to have ditched Saitek products entirely and are only carrying the Thrustmaster rudder pedals.

there is a file on thingiverse that you can 3d print if you know of anyone who has a 3d printer you can print it, or you can go to a local library or something where they are bound to have a 3d printer