Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

You can lose out on so much great scenery, if you don't own an Amphib!

There is such great detail, in most of the Orbx coastline airports and adjacent scenery, but you need a water-plane and even better, an amphibian...so you can take off from that custom Orbx airport, and then, eventually,  land upon any water-body you wish...be it lake, river, or ocean...

These are shots on the inland side of the sand bar, that protects Caloundra (YCDR), Australia

2016_5_11_11_27_14_998.png

2016_5_11_11_27_34_184.png

2016_5_11_11_28_10_325.png

2016_5_11_11_28_45_887.png

2016_5_11_11_29_9_682.png

2016_5_11_11_29_25_629.png

2016_5_11_11_29_47_776.png

2016_5_11_11_30_2_264.png

2016_5_11_11_30_7_600.png

2016_5_11_11_30_48_78.png

2016_5_11_11_30_53_534.png

2016_5_11_11_31_47_506.png

2016_5_11_11_33_33_886.png

2016_5_11_11_34_31_932.png

2016_5_11_11_36_25_599.png

2016_5_11_11_36_49_968.png

2016_5_11_11_38_4_960.png

2016_5_11_11_38_25_604.png

Case in point,  here is an Orbx PeopleFLow character in his motorboat, waving to you as you pass him by...you never would enjoy this animation, if you could not get close enough to his boat...:)

2016_5_11_11_58_18_461.png

2016_5_11_11_58_22_256.png

2016_5_11_11_58_26_443.png

Final case-point...look at the detail on the outside of the condo's...and even the awning-tents and chairs for the pleasure of the residents and guests.  Orbx could have just produced scenery that could be seen in a 1,800 foot fly-over at 110 knots...and get away with it, I guess.....

...but for those like myself, that want to suck the scenery-marrow from the the bones...THIS is truly the detail of scenery that prompted me to drop the coin to get it.

I hope that Orbx never 'cheapens' their product, to save on production costs...for there are users like myself..that will land...and take a tour..whether in a sea-plane, or any of the great boats you can freeware, or purchase....and WILL notice, if they do...(smile).

2016_5_11_12_4_28_908.png

2016_5_11_12_5_34_145.png

2016_5_11_12_5_43_943.png

These following four shots are cruising within the dredged residential channels  and I find the detail simply wonderful, in the residential buildings, and the resident's boats (varied) they are fortunate to own!

• Upvote 4

Those are some nice screenshots of the area but let's be fair, there are plenty of hidden gems for the US, like the PNW and then travel north towards Alaska.  I've even found some nuggets of greatness at a lot of the freeware airports too.  ORBX just needs to admit they love eye candy and the devil is in the details. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Those are some nice screenshots of the area but let's be fair, there are plenty of hidden gems for the US, like the PNW and then travel north towards Alaska.  I've even found some nuggets of greatness at a lot of the freeware airports too.  ORBX just needs to admit they love eye candy and the devil is in the details. :)

"Oh, of course Yash, I'm just presently highlighting some of the great scenery that I purchased so far, to populate my AUS SP4 purchase of their prior sale.  My main point, is not actually WHERE you set your amphib down..but that you DO set your amphib down...and see this great and most detailed scenery slow, and up close...all this is missed after the take-off....anywhere.  :hi:

• Upvote 1

You and I must have been on the same wavelength with regards to AUS SP4.  I recently reinstalled it on my computer and then slowly checked any updates to the airports I have.  I bought YPJT on sale and it's pretty good (hence why I brought up Perth before).  I never bothered to get to that side of the country, but it sure is beautiful.  One downside I found though is with respect to tubeliner routes, short haul aircraft are constrained to short hauls to coastal cities and not cross country, at least that's what I have found out through PFPX.  YBRM and YCBS are two other great airports along the coasts of Australia with picturesque scenery and nice coastlines.

If you're sticking around down under, I look forward to more screenshots.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Those two white cars will be knackered if the tide comes in.... :) 

The guy in the motorboat wouldn't be waving at me... well he might be waving his fist as the wake of a fighter jet in full burner churns up the water...  OH... you said 1800 feet fly by, not 1800 knots!!  :Tounge:

Stunning scenery  - the water effects almost look real!

• Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Those two white cars will be knackered if the tide comes in.... :) 

The guy in the motorboat wouldn't be waving at me... well he might be waving his fist as the wake of a fighter jet in full burner churns up the water...  OH... you said 1800 feet fly by, not 1800 knots!!  :Tounge:

Stunning scenery  - the water effects almost look real!

You made me almost spew my coffee...LOLOLOLOL

Seriously, though..I am on some sort of Honeymoon with P3D v3.2.3....this is the best rendering of cloud shadow, I have ever seen in an M.S. based sim.  Almost photo-real...and this is the sim producing it...

2016_5_11_13_34_17_570.png

You and I must have been on the same wavelength with regards to AUS SP4.  I recently reinstalled it on my computer and then slowly checked any updates to the airports I have.  I bought YPJT on sale and it's pretty good (hence why I brought up Perth before).  I never bothered to get to that side of the country, but it sure is beautiful.  One downside I found though is with respect to tubeliner routes, short haul aircraft are constrained to short hauls to coastal cities and not cross country, at least that's what I have found out through PFPX.  YBRM and YCBS are two other great airports along the coasts of Australia with picturesque scenery and nice coastlines.

If you're sticking around down under, I look forward to more screenshots.

I guess, if you mostly fly commercial, the airports vs. terrain, might be a challenge, but there are of course business jets, etc for those mimicking a professional career, and by the book procedural flying.  I have found some coastal airports that allow for 737 operation, so you can fly coast to coast over Australia. An AVSIM member from that continent, would be a great source of the airports supporting large-commercial.  

I probably will be here for live-time weeks.  I haven't even scratched the surface of the diversified terrain.  I was presently shooting down the coast, admiring the ocean cliffs and of course, the KILLER haze being brought in when called for by ASN, .....that can have me asking my wife to slide food under the door for the next few days...

Cheers n' beers,

Mitch'er

• Upvote 3

Yeah, those shadows definitely add a lot more realism.  I'm tempted to do a flight from Alice Springs (hopefully with some clouds in the weather) and catch some nice screenshots.  I know what I'm doing after work. :)

Yeah, those shadows definitely add a lot more realism.  I'm tempted to do a flight from Alice Springs (hopefully with some clouds in the weather) and catch some nice screenshots.  I know what I'm doing after work. :)

Yep...we ARE on the same page of the flight manual.  I love deserts...and Alice Springs by Orbx, is now one of my favorites. I even went onto Youtube to search out Alice Springs videos...and man..in real life...this place rocks!  A great younger crowd destination!

I even went onto Youtube to search out Alice Springs videos...and man..in real life...this place rocks!  A great younger crowd destination!

It's even extra special for those folks who enjoy being out in the middle of nowhere, without food and water. :)

Wait, no water...no water landings for you!  :Doh:

It's even extra special for those folks who enjoy being out in the middle of nowhere, without food and water. :)

Wait, no water...no water landings for you!  :Doh:

I'm a guy that was raised in Phoenix, Arizona...so...you only have to water-bottle it...sip...walk...sip...walk...it works!

LOL

...no water landing for you...right...but then...that great extending landing gear of the Amphib...Yash...I have it all covered...!!!!!!!   :dance:

I'm a guy that was raised in Phoenix, Arizona...so...you only have to water-bottle it...sip...walk...sip...walk...it works!

LOL

...no water landing for you...right...but then...that great extending landing gear of the Amphib...Yash...I have it all covered...!!!!!!!   :dance:

Raised in Phoenix, I'm sorry! lol

I lived there 5 years too long.  I could never understand why anyone would want to live there.  I tried golfing in the summer out there, lost 10 pounds after 18 holes...great for weight loss, not so good for enjoyment.

I suspect a trek in the outback isn't much different than the middle of Arizona.  I never went anywhere without a water bottle at the ready. 

Raised in Phoenix, I'm sorry! lol

I lived there 5 years too long.  I could never understand why anyone would want to live there.  I tried golfing in the summer out there, lost 10 pounds after 18 holes...great for weight loss, not so good for enjoyment.

I suspect a trek in the outback isn't much different than the middle of Arizona.  I never went anywhere without a water bottle at the ready. 

Well...to understand the Sonoran Mentality...one has to love the warmth, year-round, the vistas, changing colors, and a view of the heavens, like no other, at Fountain Hills...:)  That's where my wife and I are thinking of retiring to, when that comes along.  So...Alice Springs, would be a hop and a skip...:)

what plane is that?

cheers

-andy crosby

The Carenado Cessna StationAir 6 Amphibian. It actually comes in variations; wheels as well as amphib, for the same price.  A great value.

Great shots Mitch, some of which would pass for photos.

Thanks Novation...having a blast with this version!

Mitch, enjoyed your pics so much I had to break down and buy YCDR to add to my AU collection. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________