Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Carendao Shrike 500 Released

Don't know what would be so "game changing" about yet another Carenado GA piston, but as usual for them, it looks pretty. Hopefully there aren't too many bugs and glitches, and some depth to the simulation.

• Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The market is filled with that category, even by looking within the same Carenado catalog. A nice addition to the list (more we have, better it is), but i won't call it a "game changer"?

It looks great, sure, but I'm not convinced that the $38 price tag is justified. That's almost the same price as the RealAir Turbo Duke V2...

http://www.what2fly.com/manufacturer/operating_cost/ROCKWELL+COMMANDER/AC-500S+AERO+COMMANDER/1341

The market is filled with that category, even by looking within the same Carenado catalog. A nice addition to the list (more we have, better it is), but i won't call it a "game changer"?

It didn't look any more advanced, than what twins I already have from them.  I guess, if you have flown this plane...that would be the reason to 'game change'.

MIlton Schupe brought this plane everyone's attention years ago.  From what I read it was on the design board in the late 1940's.  Carenado has now introduced this new build for us. Sure right now it's version 1.0 but as with all planes this one will be tweaked. Enjoyed three flights with it today, 

I haven't bought a Carenado plane in a good long while. The main reason why is because like many others I felt they were nice looking models but often needed patches and tweaks etc.

I'm bringing this thread up to see, now that some time has passed...how it is?  I'm interested in the feedback from those using it systems, flight model etc.

I might like to use it in AirHauler2 EA.

Thanks

RE Thomason Jr.

Not a lot of excitement, I guess it;s a pass then...

RE Thomason Jr.

I will wait until Black Friday.....by then bugs will be fixed (most) and the price will be MUCH better.

CK

It's good. It feels perhaps a little 'different' to most other Carenado twins.  The view out of the windshield is quite unique. AP is in a great, accessible position for use.  Sounds are good (but strangely, some of the source engine audio files are distorted).  There are the usual bugs and in some ways in does feel very much like the usual Carabeo offering.   It's one of their better ones - but no game changer.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I picked it up yesterday. I love it! Exceptional handling and feel.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz