Sign in to follow this  
augis41

I need help ASAP!

In FSX/Texture folder do you have aptsign.bmp?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'm running out of ideas!  One last thing I can think of is did you download and install any airport updated scenery

or AFCADS, or any thing that would cause the taxi signs to vanish on a Global scale?  Any changes to your FSX.cfg?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'm running out of ideas!  One last thing I can think of is did you download and install any airport updated scenery

or AFCADS, or any thing that would cause the taxi signs to vanish on a Global scale?  Any changes to your FSX.cfg?

I've actually reinstalled my whole FSX, still nothing. I read somewhere that my GPU might not be able to "handle" it, or something....

Maybe the aptsign.bmp might be corrupted or something. 

Sorry to hear that!  How about FSX/Settings/Customize  "Global Texture Resolution" slider maxed out. And under

Scenery "Special Effects" slider maxed out?  Other than that, Wanna borrow a hammer? :wink:

Charlie Aron

What graphics card do you have?

Have you tried to verify Steam Game Cache?

Delete the fsx.cfg and let it rebuild

Delete the shader folders in AppData Local / Roaming and let them rebuild

There's gotta be a reason this is happening. 

What graphics card do you have?

940m

Have you tried to verify Steam Game Cache?

Yes

Delete the fsx.cfg and let it rebuild

Already did

Delete the shader folders in AppData Local / Roaming and let them rebuild

I'll give it a try!

There's gotta be a reason this is happening. 

Sorry to hear that!  How about FSX/Settings/Customize  "Global Texture Resolution" slider maxed out. And under

Scenery "Special Effects" slider maxed out?  Other than that, Wanna borrow a hammer? :wink:

Yeah, both are maxed. And about the hammer, not yet  :Shame On You:

There is a free version of this airport available from UK2000, but if memory serves it doesn't come with taxiway signs. Might  you have installed this at some point?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If you can`t find any answer to your question, I would suggest Formatting the whole PC.  :excl:

My%20Signature.jpg

Thank you guys for the help!

The problem has been solved!

I've done just two steps:

• I've configured autogen scenery in default.xml from here (first step)

• And I've unticked any addon scenery from the Settings > Scenery.

The second thing you did was likely the fix... and if so it tells us that you were not working with true default scenery but a free addon.  If this is the case, you might try resolving the problem by removing the scenery, that way you'll be ready to update the scenery when needed instead of having to deal with it later.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Whatever works, I guess! :good:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron