Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

Quite an uncommon visitor on the Samoan Islands

I thought you guys (especially those who like ORBX) might like those shots I took recently on a very nice trip of approx. 2500nm from Sydney to Pago Pago Intl. in American Samoa. Only approach pictures as it was too dark at midnight time when I departed.

Approaching the island:

bgccH9B.jpg

Circling to RWY23:

pnJ6QBy.jpg

J1xwy5r.jpg

Almost lined up, dropped the landing gear just after this shot:

UduRoaK.jpg

Finally approaching the runway with a slight offset of 8°, trying to maintain the calculated VRef of 162kts:

s6wDETe.jpg

Landing was ok, not bad for my first manual landing in the Concorde :P At the gate:

prailmA.jpg

A few nice shots from the location:

qzwXjLF.jpg

6xp62nm.jpg

That's it. It was a blast to fly this approach as it was somewhat challenging. I was quite satisfied that the sun rose as I had expected, this made for an awesome landing.

Platform and addons used:

- P3D v3.2

- FSLabs Concorde

- Orbx FTX Global

- ASN

- FlyTampa Sydney

- ORBX Pago Pago Intl.

- EzDok

• Upvote 2

Very nice shots man.  Thanks for sharing.  Enjoying the Concorde?

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Awesome.  Glad to hear that!  I picked up the original like 2 years ago hoping to get it working in P3d, but no dice.  Perhaps I will pick it up sometime this year.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Always been a Concorde fan - Might have to justify the 80$ price tag to my wife :)  - Assuming it won't lose too much in  FSX:SE (Concorde that is, not the scenery).

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Love the shots! 

Its funny how people enjoy flying to NSTU in the sim. It turned into a "destination of dread" when it would show up on my schedule- I had to fly there for about 2 months when I first could hold a line on the 767. 

• Upvote 1

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Thanks for the comments guys :smile:

Awesome.  Glad to hear that!  I picked up the original like 2 years ago hoping to get it working in P3d, but no dice.  Perhaps I will pick it up sometime this year.

The FSX version doesn't work in P3D I think, or at least not that well. You'd have to buy it again unfortunately as FSLabs don't offer an upgrade option but I'd say it's worth the money when looking at the VAS savings the P3D version has to offer.

Love the shots! 

Its funny how people enjoy flying to NSTU in the sim. It turned into a "destination of dread" when it would show up on my schedule- I had to fly there for about 2 months when I first could hold a line on the 767. 

EDIT: You were there in real life? I discovered the scenery by accident as I was looking for an oceanic flight from Sydney that isn't too short. Then I saw that tiny island on the map in PFPX and went straight ahead to ORBX to purchase the addon :P

• Upvote 1

Love the shots!

You're flying the MD11 now right?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You're flying the MD11 now right?

Junior 767 guy... so getting a lot of Samoas LOL.

The pairing:

HA465 HNL-PPG 4:35pm-9:30pm

HA466 PPG-HNL 11:25pm-5:30am 

You get a rest break, but you're basically up all night. Show time in the briefing area was around 3pm at the latest.

• Upvote 1

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity