Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

A couple of little issues.

These are the issues I have found so far:

I find the ADF very difficult to use. I have to keep right and left clicking to change which part of the frequency to change. I also find the #2 NAV does not appear to drive the VOR needle in the RMI. I do get NAV 2 DME.

Otherwise a great looking aircraft and flies very nicely, a good effort by Carenado.

JCH

Yep, I would have to vote a plus for a clean interior choice. That worn out, wiped out look is not aesthetically appealing at all. Even one plane with a "clean" front panel that would give us the choice would be a real plus.

Yep, I would have to vote a plus for a clean interior choice. That worn out, wiped out look is not aesthetically appealing at all. Even one plane with a "clean" front panel that would give us the choice would be a real plus.

Mine is at the MRO getting a newer carpet (they didn't have a brand new though), some paint here and there and a deep interior scrub.

But this aircraft has been around for decades. I think the condition of the worn out, weathered look, beautifully suites it. A pristine sterile look to me, makes it look unused.  But Im with you on having a choice. Im sure someone will come along and make a mod eventually.

• Upvote 1

But this aircraft has been around for decades. I think the condition of the worn out, weathered look, beautifully suites it. A pristine sterile look to me, makes it look unused.  But Im with you on having a choice. Im sure someone will come along and make a mod eventually.

I certainly hope someone does come along and make a change and at least offer an option for a pristine interior. The worn look as you said does in fact fit the age of the plane but if you go online and do a search for Aero Commanders for sale, www.controller.com, you will see that all of the interiors have been well kept. This interior seems more fitting for a bush model. If I were an aircraft owner I'd be embarrassed to put anyone in that interior an offer them a test ride. As a passenger in a plane that looked like that, I would probably pray that the plane and passengers make it back on the ground in one piece. Yikes!!

Here is what a 'clean panel' looks like in the Shrike.

Regards,

Ray

Image313.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

ADF works for me.

I've just found the way to change the frequency. It works ok , Sorry.

Real Deraps

This is the aircraft which kindled my interest in aviation when I was a kid in the 1960's ... Bay of Islands Airways had one which flew all over the north island of NZ and it looked amazing in its day.  I would love to paint it in the livery of that airline if possible, for nostalgic reasons!

I have only just installed and am yet to discover the problems listed above - so far its basic ground and air handling is fabulous.  However:

1. Is there a decent paint kit with a layered whole-fuselage file to make it easier to paint this aircraft?  Carenado white texture files are so crowded and disorganised they are virtually impossible to paint well.

2. I notice that the fittings to the base of the fuselage (antennae, etc.) have a gap between them and the fuselage of the aircraft - a bit poor on Carenado's part.  Has this been fixed yet?

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!