Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

A couple of little issues.

Seems that the transponder is missing 0 and 9, can't set to 1200?

Also the cowl flaps seems to close when you move it to open and open when moved to close?

The EGT readings seems odd when you try to lean the engines, they jump all over the place?

Other than those little things, I'm enjoying flying her :wink:

Cheers

Martin

So much for "Quality Control"

• Upvote 2

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Standard Carenado!

• Upvote 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Well I think by now, after all the other threads we've read about Carenado,  we know they've had some issues.  I don't think this is anything new and I hope this doesn't turn into a Carenado "bashing" since they do actually bring value to our flight sim community.  They do churn out models that look excellent and at least give  us many  options of models to take out for flights.  There are also times that I don't feel like spending a few hours figuring out how to start an airplane and then once I've started it, figure out what I need to do to  repair the damages I've done before I can get back into the air again.  But, that's just me and everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect all of those opinions.

In any event, it's a good looking model with the exception of the fact that I feel like I need to shower after I'm down with a flight and walking away from my computer screen.  It would be nice to see some repainters give it a "clean" interior look to get rid of the grunge.  It does seem to handle nicely as far as flight dynamics which has been a huge improvement over Carenado of the past.  I also was able to locate a sound package on Avsim that seems to be more realistic than the sounds that came with it.  Other than the dirty interior and the sounds, thus far I'm pleased with it.

Gary

Seems that the transponder is missing 0 and 9, can't set to 1200?

Also the cowl flaps seems to close when you move it to open and open when moved to close?

The EGT readings seems odd when you try to lean the engines, they jump all over the place?

Other than those little things, I'm enjoying flying her :wink:

Cheers

Martin

The cowl flap switches move when clicked but jump back and don't stay in an open or close position. In spot view they show open/closed positions

The transponder is ok on mine.

EGT readings seem ok. They just about creep up to 250.

bob ( that's in P3D)

I have the GTN750 installed and it has a transponder built in, so maybe that is the problem with the one in the panel, so using the GTN750 transponder and it works fine.

Cheers

Martin

My apologies. I have been very disappointed in the product's released by Carenado in the past, but I am hopefull. Do you by chance have a link to that sound package?

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Additionally, in the aircraft cfg, there isn't an entry for model or type. So the atc identifier refers the shrike as "EXPERIMENTAL" lol  Carenado has recruited their paying supporters as beta testers.  Sher genius.  lol

• Upvote 1

My apologies. I have been very disappointed in the product's released by Carenado in the past, but I am hopefull. Do you by chance have a link to that sound package?

No worries, I totally get it.  This is the first place I come as well before making a purchase from Carenado to see whether or not I should take the dive.  I agree it is sad that most of the time there's some tweaking that has to be done, but even the best of the best have issues and problems after you make a purchase.  I think the biggest area that Carenado fails in though is the fact that they don't have a dedicated forum supported by their developers [something that clearly the "best" do].  So the frustration comes in where we the buyers have to figure it out ourselves most of the times.  In any event if you do a search under "Aero Commander Sounds by Gary Jones"  it will come up.

Additionally, in the aircraft cfg, there isn't an entry for model or type. So the atc identifier refers the shrike as "EXPERIMENTAL" lol  Carenado has recruited their paying supporters as beta testers.  Sher genius.  lol

That's an easy fix.  atc_type=Rockwell

atc_model=AC50

The only aircraft that I've ever purchased from Carenado, and had to sit and figure out how to make it work, was the Phenom 100. It's still a great aircraft and I use it all the time

• Upvote 1

ADF not working. Unable to dial the frequency and not able to switch from stby to active.....

Real Deraps

No worries, I totally get it.  This is the first place I come as well before making a purchase from Carenado to see whether or not I should take the dive.  I agree it is sad that most of the time there's some tweaking that has to be done, but even the best of the best have issues and problems after you make a purchase.  I think the biggest area that Carenado fails in though is the fact that they don't have a dedicated forum supported by their developers [something that clearly the "best" do].  So the frustration comes in where we the buyers have to figure it out ourselves most of the times.  In any event if you do a search under "Aero Commander Sounds by Gary Jones"  it will come up.

That's an easy fix.  atc_type=Rockwell

atc_model=AC50

Totally. Yet how a simple issue was missed is beyond me.

• Upvote 1