Sign in to follow this  
Redglyph

EZdok Camera not cycling through views for all aircraft

Hello!

I've installed EZdok camera 1.18.7 in P3D v3.2 a few days ago, and defined a few views for a couple aircraft (1st screenshot), but there seems to be a problem when switching views with the keys I've defined in the settings (2nd screenshot). 

The keys (Num3 Num9 Num1 and Num7) are not used by P3D, or any other add-on. In fact, on the first aircraft, they work just fine, I can use Num7/Num1 to switch from virtual cockpit to aircraft and so on, and I can use Num9/Num3 to switch between views in each category.

But on the 2nd aircraft, that I defined in another session, only the Num7/Num1 are working, I cannot switch between rear/left/right aircraft view in the example below. If I reload the first aircraft and try again, it still works as before. So this seems linked to the definition created by EZdok, not something that broke off at some point.

The manual does not show those settings, and doesn't cover that functionality. I haven't found a solution yet elsewhere, has anyone had this problem?

This program is most confusing, I must say, it would really deserve a complete interface revamp :/

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

views.jpg

settings.jpg

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

You need to click that C button. Should fix your problem.

If you've already read the manual, you may want to re-read again. For example, numeric keys 1, 2, and 3 are reserved for specific functions, i.e., numeric key 1 accellerates movement forward, backwards, etc., number 2 activates and deactivates the save function, etc. As Philip has stated above, the 'C' (Cycle) turns cycling of cameras ON and OFF. Once you get your head around the functions, functionality is rather simple.

JJ

If you've already read the manual, you may want to re-read again. For example, numeric keys 1, 2, and 3 are reserved for specific functions, i.e., numeric key 1 accellerates movement forward, backwards, etc., number 2 activates and deactivates the save function, etc. As Philip has stated above, the 'C' (Cycle) turns cycling of cameras ON and OFF. Once you get your head around the functions, functionality is rather simple.

JJ

Seems to me "click that C button" is ALMOST HELPFUL... I guess if you ask yourself does he mean " Press/Push the "C" KEY when TheNerd says, "click that C button" ...might that work? ...keys and buttons are pressed...Mice are used to "click something on the screen"...a mouse function, not a Keyboard function...

I will be happy to be shown the error in my thinking…

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thanks! In the mean time I found there was an "EXCLUDED FROM CYCLE LIST=false" settings I could put in the view .ini files, but this C button is much more convenient  :smile:

JJ

And if you read again my question, you'll see that (1) from the screenshot those keys have been redefined, and (2) they were also checked in P3D and other add-ons :wink:  Thanks though, the C button was indeed what I needed - it is not mentioned in the manual since it's apparently not updated anymore, I could have tried all the new features and finally find out, but thought asking would be safer.

Seems to me "click that C button" is ALMOST HELPFUL... I guess if you ask yourself does he mean " Press/Push the "C" KEY when TheNerd says, "click that C button" ...might that work? ...keys and buttons are pressed...Mice are used to "click something on the screen"...a mouse function, not a Keyboard function...

I will be happy to be shown the error in my thinking…

Cheers,

Chas

I'm not so sure. Why do you write keyboard with a caps K in the middle of a sentence?

(And yes, that was irony, I could perfectly understand TheNerd's VERY helpful tip :Tounge:)

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals