Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Major Issue- Strong Stutters

Captains,

I have a major issue with my sim that started last week, and I have tried numerous things to fix it but will not fix.

So, I'm getting an average of 29 to 30 fps; however, I am now experiencing some really bad lag- stutters of about close to a second. Even if I decrease all settings to almost zero, they are still present. The funny thing is if I choose Windows  Aero Theme it get's worst. If I choose Basic Theme some stutters go away but, then the entire scenery starts to jiggle  (jello-like) when I pawn.  (Like what I experienced a couple of months ago.

The only tweak I have if Affinity Mask 85 on my Intel 6700K on Windows 7.

So, not sure what is causing this.

I have Windows 7. Actually, I recall updating my drivers; but can't remember what version I had that prior to updating the drivers. But, I'll tell you, it is terrible. And, when I get inside the airplane at a decent airport, frames drop to around 8fps.

Only time I upgrade a driver is if the one I have doesn't work well. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

You got HT enabled with that AM=85 right? If you got the NVidia card go into the NVidia control panel (right-click on desktop choose from popup menu) and select Prepar3D profile in Manage 3D settings, Programs, and Restore, Apply.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

You got HT enabled with that AM=85 right? If you got the NVidia card go into the NVidia control panel (right-click on desktop choose from popup menu) and select Prepar3D profile in Manage 3D settings, Programs, and Restore, Apply.

Hi Steve,yes I have HT enabled. I mange to fine older versions of graphic drivers dating back to Nov 2015; unfortunately, all the same. I had created a restore point 2 months ago on my computer,but it's gone. Not sure how it got deleted.

I haven't tried your suggestion, I'll do later today. Now, in addition to the strong lag, now the scenery remains extremely blurred and won't render (become sharp).

You know, I was also thinking about repairing P3D and/or Upgrading to Windows 10.

Unload OneDrive (is a software like Dropbox) from the startup load programs or deactivate it and test...

Mario
------------
Hardware: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero + AMD 5900X, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, MSI RTX 3080 Ti
Software: Windows 11, Prepar3D v5.3HF2

I'm going to answer this as it may well help others, as well.

So, for this issue, what I did this time is:

- I did what Steve recommended... Reset built-in Nvidia Control Panel (P3D) settings.

- Removed Nvidia Inspector settings and loaded one provided by Rich.

- Additionally, unchecked Volumetric Clouds

So, everything is back to normal. No more tearing nor jiggling, and scenery becomes sharp quickly. Only issue is VAS, but of course we all know it will happen near high density airports and sceneries.  

I'm going to answer this as it may well help others, as well.

So, for this issue, what I did this time is:

- I did what Steve recommended... Reset built-in Nvidia Control Panel (P3D) settings.

- Removed Nvidia Inspector settings and loaded one provided by Rich.

- Additionally, unchecked Volumetric Clouds

So, everything is back to normal. No more tearing nor jiggling, and scenery becomes sharp quickly. Only issue is VAS, but of course we all know it will happen near high density airports and sceneries.  

Who is Rich?  Where is that setting file located?

Not too long ago I encountered some stutters in V3.2 I discovered my anti virus was interfering. Once I excluded the directory for P3D it helped a lot. The other thing I discovered is that AM no longer helps in 3.2. Once I eliminated it and left the CFG alone, things got way better.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

...The other thing I discovered is that AM no longer helps in 3.2. Once I eliminated it and left the CFG alone, things got way better.

For terrain (blurries) and stutters this may be correct but I observed OOMs occuring more often when AM=off. Went back to AM=85 or 116 for better VAS management.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).