Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Aero Commander Top Speed ?

Guys only getting this bird to fly around 133mph - it should be faster than that - any ideas what i am doing wrong - props and mixture are correct - strange - thanks

Maximum speed: 215 mph (187 knots, 346 km/h) at sea level (TAS)
Cruise speed: 203 mph (176 knots, 326 km/h) at 9,000 ft (2,750 m), 75% power, TAS
Stall speed: 68 mph (59 knots, 109 km/h) flaps and landing gear down, CAS
Minimum controllable speed: 75 mph (65.5 knots, 121 km/h)
Range: 1,078 miles (936 nmi, 1,735 km)
Service ceiling: 19,400 ft (5,913 m)
Rate of climb: 1,340 ft/min (6.8 m/s)

Rich Sennett

I was able to get 176kts at 9,000 ft with it being leaned 50% and throttle's at about 98% but below redline and very little wind. She does seems a little light on power? 

Hi Folks,

Have to ask - sorry - you guys talking IAS or TAS ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Have to ask - sorry - you guys talking IAS or TAS ?

Regards,

Scott

Not sure  - just turned on shift+z and stated 133 mph and so did gauge in vc

Any way to change a setting in aircraft.cfg file to get this to go faster ? its way to slow at the moment 

I was thinking throttle sensitivity setting and such but doubt thats it as other aircraft are working correctly - thanks

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

What I was getting at - is that as altitude increases - IAS (Indicated Air Speed) decreases... I believe the sim uses IAS as default - as that's what we have to work with in the real world... TAS (True Air Speed) is IAS corrected for temperature/pressure... So the 133 mph his meaningless without knowing altitude and temperature...

Given Martin's example - on a standard day - the 176 kts IAS at 9000 feet - is really 199 kts TAS - which I would expect is probably pretty close for book values on this plane... Anyone know the spec or did Carenado include a cruise table ?

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

My reading was from the GTN 750 and pretty much a calm day, so I believe that was over the ground? But it was also at 98% power which I think I should be getting those numbers at 75% power....

Cheers

Martin

Hi Rich,

What I was getting at - is that as altitude increases - IAS (Indicated Air Speed) decreases... I believe the sim uses IAS as default - as that's what we have to work with in the real world... TAS (True Air Speed) is IAS corrected for temperature/pressure... So the 133 mph his meaningless without knowing altitude and temperature...

Given Martin's example - on a standard day - the 176 kts IAS at 9000 feet - is really 199 kts TAS - which I would expect is probably pretty close for book values on this plane... Anyone know the spec or did Carenado include a cruise table ?

Regards,

Scott

Scott 2,000 ft off the ground tooling along straight ahead shift+z speed was 133 - temp was 65 Celsius - so something is not right - never seen this before - not at home right now which doesnt help   :sad:

My reading was from the GTN 750 and pretty much a calm day, so I believe that was over the ground? But it was also at 98% power which I think I should be getting those numbers at 75% power....

Cheers

Martin

Thats my thought also so its not right - anything we can change in aircraft.cfg file to make it faster ? thanks 

Rich Sennett

Hi Martin,

With 0 wind - then yep - your TAS should be your GS and Rich's example does state 75% power - so - concur...

Hi Rich,

Ok - yep - that certainly does sound like you have an issue... Can't think of anything off the top of my head... Sorry... I'd open tickets with Carenado - all the ones I've submitted lately have been acknowledged and responded to...

Regards,

Scott

One odd thing I noticed is if you select "Taxi mode" the gear will not come up, that happened to me the first time and I couldn't get her up to speed, then I went too spot view and saw what the problem was. If you start it any other way then no problem with the gear?

Martin

Hi Martin,

With 0 wind - then yep - your TAS should be your GS and Rich's example does state 75% power - so - concur...

Hi Rich,

Ok - yep - that certainly does sound like you have an issue... Can't think of anything off the top of my head... Sorry... I'd open tickets with Carenado - all the ones I've submitted lately have been acknowledged and responded to...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott: thanks - could be my controls settings in P3D maybe - they work with all the other stuff I use - we'll get it   :wink: I think I will send carenado a e-mail but in the past that was pretty much a waste of time

Rich Sennett

Rich,

I quickly looked through this document explaining what everything means in the aircraft.cfg file and saw a couple of things that might boost the power but won't have time to play around with it until the weekend...Useful website.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx#turbineenginedata

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

If you start with Taxi mode, make sure you unlock the landing gear before you attempt to retract.  Not mentioned, but there is a switch just to the right of the landing gear lever.

--WH

Something between 200 mph and 215 mph should be achievable - TAS.  Most performance speed numbers are at 8,000 feet 59 deg F.  Normal cruise is 203 mph at 75% power (28 gph).

Regards,

Ray

Std Shrike data.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks Guys not getting any where near that Ray - strange - have to check p3d control settings I guess cant think of anything else - have mixture all the way up if I pull down on it it gets even slower ? hmmm

Rich Sennett