Sign in to follow this  

Carenado Shrike 500S out of Monument Valley

Here is a quickie from Monument Valley ... working on another one from EDOU and EDBJ and will post later.

Cheers, Rob

Frackin beautiful.  I think I need to pick up Monument valley; would be great for my videos.  Need to sell some stuff, to buy some flight sim stuff.

Liking the Shrike?  How's the FD?

You ever check the Relative retention rate for any of your videos?

Thanks for sharing.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

You ever check the Relative retention rate for any of your videos?

Ha ha, no ... I don't monetize any of my videos so they all should be "ad free" ... not too concerned if folks watch it all or not.  I think I recall somewhere that any YouTube video over 2 mins rarely gets fully watched ... so mine would definitely fit into the partial watch category :)

If my voice ever fully recovers, I'll attempt some tutorial videos ... I started to do some, but my voice soon gave out ... up and down days.

Cheers, Rob.

Ha ha, no ... I don't monetize any of my videos so they all should be "ad free" ... not too concerned if folks watch it all or not.  I think I recall somewhere that any YouTube video over 2 mins rarely gets fully watched ... so mine would definitely fit into the partial watch category :)

If my voice ever fully recovers, I'll attempt some tutorial videos ... I started to do some, but my voice soon gave out ... up and down days.

Cheers, Rob.

I see.  Although, there are 2 views; one is Absolute retention which is the basic retention rate.  That fits into "any YT video over 2 mins doesn't get watched fully."  However, the Relative retention is actually comparing against the retention rate of the same type of videos on YouTube that are about the same length.

It could be quite useful feedback for your tutorials.  Not telling you to use it, just letting you know.

not too concerned if folks watch it all or not. 

That's kind of a contradiction isn't it?  If you don't care if they watch it or not, why put it online?  :P

Thanks again for posting the video.  I picked up Monument Valley while still on sale.  I had forgotten that they had done that area.  Also finally picked up Australia.

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

That's kind of a contradiction isn't it?  If you don't care if they watch it or not, why put it online?

I don't do these videos for "me", but you mis-quoted me ... "I don't care if they watch it ALL or not".  But watch it or don't watch it, sorry it really has no affect on me either way ... I post "as is" videos of stuff I've purchased for other's benefit, there is no benefit for me other than perhaps knowing I helped someone out or they found some value in the video to help them make a decision.  I would continue posting these videos even if there were no views.

Many years ago when I posted my real world auto racing videos, I did care about view counts and was sad to see a lack of interest considering it was "real world excitement" ... but the harsh reality that auto racing just isn't that popular.  However, some random YouTube video with a possible hint of a 0.05th of second woman's nipple shot will get over a million views ... the world is a funny place.

Australia is a great region, very FPS friendly too, you'll enjoy it.

Cheers, Rob.

YouTube video with a possible hint of a 0.05th of second woman's nipple shot will get over a million views 

Now your talking wheres that link Rob  :dance:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I don't do these videos for "me", but you mis-quoted me ... "I don't care if they watch it ALL or not".  But watch it or don't watch it, sorry it really has no affect on me either way ... I post "as is" videos of stuff I've purchased for other's benefit, there is no benefit for me other than perhaps knowing I helped someone out or they found some value in the video to help them make a decision.  I would continue posting these videos even if there were no views.

Many years ago when I posted my real world auto racing videos, I did care about view counts and was sad to see a lack of interest considering it was "real world excitement" ... but the harsh reality that auto racing just isn't that popular.  However, some random YouTube video with a possible hint of a 0.05th of second woman's nipple shot will get over a million views ... the world is a funny place.

Australia is a great region, very FPS friendly too, you'll enjoy it.

Cheers, Rob.

My bad, I did misquote you.  I hear what you are saying.  The world most definitely is a funny place.  Really, I would say humans are quite strange.  Oh well, they are all a product of their environment.

- Nick

And here is some more Shrike from Germany...

Cheers, Rob.