Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Since installing P3D v3.2.3, only the best-of-the-best!

That is not necessarily the case.  If you have been using P3D v3 long enough, fps are almost a moot point.  Smooth and stable is where it's at.  Yes, it is great that for GA flying, you can achieve the high fps as long as you can maintain smooth and stable too.  At lower altitudes, the rendering is a little more intense as I have seen quite a lot flying GA.

Anyways, i wasn't criticizing, just putting the whole "other aircraft and performance" option out there.

Hard to strengthen that claim without video.  If you are purposely looking for lag, then perhaps there would be differences, but for me personally, I concentrate on flying. :)

Control input and output are the single most important thing to me in a simulator. I don't need an fps counter to tell me when it's starting to lag but I can tell you now, anything below 27-28 fps and I can instantly see it in the rendering on screen. No need to look at the counter, I can see whilst I am flying. In fact I can feel it in terms of how the controls and the aircraft react, especially on finals.

• Upvote 1

I know I still have to post my screenshots of last night's 3 hour flight from YBAS to YMML, it was a pretty cloudless flight until I hit southern Australia and then I was hit with huge thunderstorms.  The bases looked to be at around FL20, climbing up beyond FL350.  It wasn't the prettiest of approaches, but then again it was in terms of great weather immersion.  Overall, it was a smooth flight but I never bothered to check frames and don't need to any longer.  I don't know what black voodoo magic LM poured in to P3D v3 but I personally can attest to having smooth flights, no matter where I go now and that's with running 4096 textures, traffic, weather, the whole kit and kaboodle!

Control input and output are the single most important thing to me in a simulator. I don't need an fps counter to tell me when it's starting to lag but I can tell you now, anything below 27-28 fps and I can instantly see it in the rendering on screen. No need to look at the counter, I can see whilst I am flying. In fact I can feel it in terms of how the controls and the aircraft react, especially on finals.

I understand what you are saying but your previous statement sounded like you needed proof of the frames Mitch was getting.  It is obvious as the day is long that control inputs can definitely help recognize lower frame output.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I know I still have to post my screenshots of last night's 3 hour flight from YBAS to YMML, it was a pretty cloudless flight until I hit southern Australia and then I was hit with huge thunderstorms.  The bases looked to be at around FL20, climbing up beyond FL350.  It wasn't the prettiest of approaches, but then again it was in terms of great weather immersion.  Overall, it was a smooth flight but I never bothered to check frames and don't need to any longer.  I don't know what black voodoo magic LM poured in to P3D v3 but I personally can attest to having smooth flights, no matter where I go now and that's with running 4096 textures, traffic, weather, the whole kit and kaboodle!

I understand what you are saying but your previous statement sounded like you needed proof of the frames Mitch was getting.  It is obvious as the day is long that control inputs can definitely help recognize lower frame output.

This has been my experience as well, no matter the location, no matter the atmospherics in play.  11 FPS..if so at any time...no matter, and no longer.

I sometimes now still show a few shots with the FPS meter running, just so the viewer can look at the graphic content, or sky-content, and get a bearing.  For myself..I now fly with it off. I only keep the X/Y coordinates bar lit up.  Today, this morning around Myrtle Beach KMYR, it was a real lightning show...and oh...I saw the lightning bursts, light up the surface of the ocean...below the clouds...I think a first for me.  If this was also available in FSX...I can't remember ever seeing that special effect.  With the cloud reflections on...as well as shadows...it was total Immersive City.

Nice to hear you are having a great time simming, Sesquashtoo.  Too many "Downer Debbies" here.  Let them keep complaining while you're busy flyin'!  :smile:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Nice to hear you are having a great time simming, Sesquashtoo.  Too many "Downer Debbies" here.  Let them keep complaining while you're busy flyin'!  :smile:

Hey Clutch,

I do feel so badly, when I see those "I'm using P3D v3.2.x, and have terrible blurry textures", or the like. I personally know how clear it can be...and it isn't even dependent on FPS read-outs.  I just hope those users, can get it sorted out, and enjoy the sim for what it can be....and that  is; great, simply a great flight simulation experience!

Cheers,

Don't get the purpose of those continuous threads about your performance, Mitch. If you are happy with your setup, your settings and the FPS you get, that is perfectly fine but honestly, for all others, there is no benefit of those threads at all. There are people with similar rigs, they will get the similar performance using those settings and there are people with less capable rigs and they will not get similar performance. Nothing new there. Besides that, I have to agree to some criticism here: in most of your shots you show the outside view with hardly any clouds and traffic, yet your FPS counter shows 22FPS. Really nothing spectacular about this on an objective basis. Show us your FPS once really overcast situation with two, three or even four layers of clouds, inside the VC of a more complex aircraft on a bigger airport, then we could discuss about settings. I mean, honestly, in this situation here:

2016_5_12_6_11_45_288.png

I would not get only 22FPS, but a solid 30 (also capped mine at 31 FPS) and probably more than 50 or 60FPS when running unlimited. And this with almost the same settings, simply autogen slightly reduced (which does not bother me, as P3D has anyway a generally higher autogen density compared to FSX).

In the end, yes, I absoultely agree with you: P3Dv3.2 offers the best performance ever on my rig as well even with dramatically increased visual appearance compared to FSX before. However, also in P3Dv3.2 you can easily dump your FPS in regions where flying is barely acceptable (my personal cutoff is about 15-18FPS, everything below is inacceptable for me and far away from smooth), but certainly not with the scenarios you show here. So, I really do not get the point of this thread, sorry...

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If I injected a little reality into the mix, it was only to expand the conversation and discuss details.  I had no intention of being, what Clutch would call, a "debbie downer".

I've been to enough forum threads where people would jump up and down when they got over 30fps, claimed it was smooth flying and all the while they were putt putting around in the Piper Cub.  Next thing you know, they try their hand at flying a tube, and complain and whine about the 10 fps they are getting and think they need a tweak.

These simulators are actually designed to be tinkered with, despite the current words around the campfire.  Sure, I will admit to falling for "expert" opinion about what is needed and what isn't but after a while, it got so contradictory and I decided to experiment and found it to be easier than I thought.  If I changed something, I either had a backup at the ready or with a couple of keystrokes, comment out a line.  I will also admit that I found it to be more time consuming setting up a sim than it was to actually fly, but that was before the recent incarnation of P3D.  Yes, I have had my fair share of FSX time and the reason I fell for P3D (and hard nowadays), is that I found, for me, that not having any tweaks in my cfg, and just sticking to native settings adjustments, I no longer have a reason to gripe and complain.  I now have the time I have always wanted to concentrate on flying...and a little bit of admiring the scenery along the way too.

Don't get the purpose of those continuous threads about your performance, Mitch. If you are happy with your setup, your settings and the FPS you get, that is perfectly fine but honestly, for all others, there is no benefit of those threads at all. There are people with similar rigs, they will get the similar performance using those settings and there are people with less capable rigs and they will not get similar performance. Nothing new there. Besides that, I have to agree to some criticism here: in most of your shots you show the outside view with hardly any clouds and traffic, yet your FPS counter shows 22FPS. Really nothing spectacular about this on an objective basis. Show us your FPS once really overcast situation with two, three or even four layers of clouds, inside the VC of a more complex aircraft on a bigger airport, then we could discuss about settings. I mean, honestly, in this situation here:

I would not get only 22FPS, but a solid 30 (also capped mine at 31 FPS) and probably more than 50 or 60FPS when running unlimited. And this with almost the same settings, simply autogen slightly reduced (which does not bother me, as P3D has anyway a generally higher autogen density compared to FSX).

In the end, yes, I absoultely agree with you: P3Dv3.2 offers the best performance ever on my rig as well even with dramatically increased visual appearance compared to FSX before. However, also in P3Dv3.2 you can easily dump your FPS in regions where flying is barely acceptable (my personal cutoff is about 15-18FPS, everything below is inacceptable for me and far away from smooth), but certainly not with the scenarios you show here. So, I really do not get the point of this thread, sorry...

Hmmm, I am trying to figure out why you contributed a post here to question the validity of Mitch's post?  What I get from his threads is that he is proving to people that the other side of the fence really is greener.  To be sarcastic, he's not drinking the Kool-Aid. :)

Maybe, and this might be a stretch, his thread is misplaced and could serve better in the AVSIM Screenshots Fourm, and I could agree to that, but it isn't my thread and if a mod comes along and moves it, then it is what it is.

I see no real reason why you needed to make the statements you did, if only to get a rise out of people and quite possibly the OP.

• Upvote 1

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Well, while you try to figure out why I decided to comment on this thread, I now try to figure out why you commented on my comment :wink:

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'm a pretty quick learner.  If you felt it necessary to disrupt a rather productive thread then that's your choice, and since we're on the subject of insulting one's intelligence, maybe you can step away from your computer, go take a walk, get some fresh air and marvel at the beauty of the world before you decide to continue to try and ruins someone else's day.

I know a troll when I see one and right now, you are getting awfully close.

AnkH...actually, the purpose of my thread, or threads of this nature from myself..is to show those new to P3D, that there is great performance in using such.

Also, I have many, many shots of very intense cloud-play, in or out of the cockpit..with rates (at my sim settings) from 22-32.9 FPS.  They are there, you only have to search them out in historic posts.

This thread...is I guess, nothing other than a typed, sheer joy from just coming off another amazing P3D v3.2.x flight...and wishing to share the event, with encouragement to those not quite having it tuned to give them their  'P3D moment in the sun'... :).

Here are the visuals...here are my settings...and even at 11 or 14 FPS...it is a fabulous experience.

Mitch

I'm a pretty quick learner.  If you felt it necessary to disrupt a rather productive thread then that's your choice, and since we're on the subject of insulting one's intelligence, maybe you can step away from your computer, go take a walk, get some fresh air and marvel at the beauty of the world before you decide to continue to try and ruins someone else's day.

I know a troll when I see one and right now, you are getting awfully close.

Yash...I understood his questioning of why I continue to post 'this type of thread'.  I take no offense, at all.  I responded with why I do...and it is always to give encouragement, to those (with visuals...and FPS shown) that they can get the same thing happening on their monitor...perhaps a tweak here and there...perhaps a change-up of tech inside their cases...whatever...but it can be a very satisfying sim experience when happening...

See you back in Aussie Land...just about to pour myself another coffee..and 'Aussie Up'... :)  Mostly likely an exploration around Alice Springs. If you see my plane on the tarmac...Avatar over...and I'll buy you a Foster's....or three...

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Hey Mitch, keep em coming! Don't worry about "the others"

Bob

All I can say is either my eyes are very sensitive to it or your 18 fps is very different from my 18 fps

No Glenn your right. But if someone thinks 18-20 fps is smooth then.....well......each to there own. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This thread...is I guess, nothing other than a typed, sheer joy from just coming off another amazing P3D v3.2.x flight...and wishing to share the event, with encouragement to those not quite having it tuned to give them their 'P3D moment in the sun'... :).

I got your point and it is absolutely valid and it is certainly not my aim to "destroy" your happiness about how P3D runs on your rig. What I tried to point out with my probably miscomposed post was, as in other of your threads: never forget what you are showing us here. It is honourable to show to the people how well P3D can run with your settings, but as others said, there might be those users who only use AS Airbus in VC (as an example) on heavy airports and using your settings, they will run into troubles or really low FPS.

The problem is: as soon as you start posting settings of P3D along with screenshots showing an FPS counter, people will start to compare. And if they do not get the same results, they start to blame you for posting "nonsense". Even if it was never your purpose to tell the people "go ahead and use my settings, you will get smooth gameplay and the best visual appearance", threads like this will always implicate such a message somehow. You can call it "responsibility for those users not so into all those tweaks and settings".

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Hey Yash... c'mon...I'm waiting on ya...we have some Alice Springs flying to do...a great day...so hop to it...get on over here...LOL!

Cheers,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_5_12_10_22_39_874.png

I got your point and it is absolutely valid and it is certainly not my aim to "destroy" your happiness about how P3D runs on your rig. What I tried to point out with my probably miscomposed post was, as in other of your threads: never forget what you are showing us here. It is honourable to show to the people how well P3D can run with your settings, but as others said, there might be those users who only use AS Airbus in VC (as an example) on heavy airports and using your settings, they will run into troubles or really low FPS.

The problem is: as soon as you start posting settings of P3D along with screenshots showing an FPS counter, people will start to compare. And if they do not get the same results, they start to blame you for posting "nonsense". Even if it was never your purpose to tell the people "go ahead and use my settings, you will get smooth gameplay and the best visual appearance", threads like this will always implicate such a message somehow. You can call it "responsibility for those users not so into all those tweaks and settings".

I hear ya!   :smile:

But having said that...sometimes,  my personality takes over my fingers...and I can't stop them from twitching upon the keyboard....AnkH.   Sometimes, this will happen...but the doctor says, I am...making progress...  :hi:

• Upvote 1

Hey Yash... c'mon...I'm waiting on ya...we have some Alice Springs flying to do...a great day...so hop to it...get on over here...LOL!

Cheers,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_5_12_10_22_39_874.png

I hear ya!   :smile:

But having said that...sometimes,  my personality takes over my fingers...and I can't stop them from twitching upon the keyboard....AnkH.   Sometimes, this will happen...but the doctor says, I am...making progress...  :hi:

Nice shot but your ground textures look a little blurry...maybe it's my old eyes.  When I was then last night, everything was pretty crisp looking and that was from looking through the windscreen of my Jetstar Airways A321. :)