Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Since installing P3D v3.2.3, only the best-of-the-best!

It's amazing how irritated some folks get when someone else posts that their sim runs well and they enjoy it.   :fool:

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Smooth animation, right down to 11 FPS

With all due respect, I can't see how 11 fps can yield smooth animation, but I guess one's expectation of what "smooth animation" is will vary, I for one cannot tolerate anything below 30.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hi Glen,

It must truly be a very large part, what system components, our sims are sitting within.

My eyes, are still in the 20/20 range...and as crazy and unbelieveable as when typed...P3D v3.2.3 has given me smoothness down to 11 FPS, with heavy action by ASN. No earlier version of P3D, or ANY version of FSX (including DX10 mode) can I say, the same for.

P3D v3.2.3 has been the best performing MS-based flight sim, I have ever had the enjoyment to press the start button on....11 and higher FPS....with the above maxed out graphics settings----------->ALL GOOD! :hi:

Remind us Mitch, what CPU/GPU combo you have and how you upgraded to 3.2.3 ...clean?...all?...just client?...client + scenery?

Thanks,

… glad you're having so much fun with 3.2…

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

With all due respect, I can't see how 11 fps can yield smooth animation, but I guess one's expectation of what "animation" is will vary, I for one cannot tolerate anything below 30.

Maybe he means despite the low numbers the frames are still consistent. Previous iterations of P3D would tent to get very stuttery and inconsistant as the frame rate became lower, and although the counter maybe reading 11fps, or whatever, the reality is something else, with the frame times becoming uneven. As long as you get a consistent rate then is easier to tolerate lower numbers especially if you're flying slow, and and not panning around like a loon.

For me anything under 20 start to feel off, but I like to pan around like a loon.

Mitch for president ....!

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

but I like to pan around like a loon

lol...can't see how one can fly (in cockpit) without having to pan like a loon when doing a VFR apporaches, so I'm guilty of it too.

As stated, everyone's FPS expectation/requirements will vary, I love total smoothness (who doesn't) but for me with my hardware setup anything less then 1/2 of refresh rate (30) just doesn't cut it.

Mitch for president ....!

He's got my vote too! 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

What is your system specs?

BIOS: Alienware v11.b (tweaked custom addition)  Hyperthreading enabled

CPU: I7-975 Extreme at 4.3 GHz (overclock)

GPU: EVGA SuperClock Signature 680 GTX

System Memory: 12 GB's High Speed, low latency

H.D. :  Three 1TB Western Digital Velociraptors (10,000 RPM)

One Western Digital 4TB High Performance Black Series

Total System:  Dell XPS 730x

Maybe he means despite the low numbers the frames are still consistent. Previous iterations of P3D would tent to get very stuttery and inconsistant as the frame rate became lower, and although the counter maybe reading 11fps, or whatever, the reality is something else, with the frame times becoming uneven. As long as you get a consistent rate then is easier to tolerate lower numbers especially if you're flying slow, and and not panning around like a loon.

For me anything under 20 start to feel off, but I like to pan around like a loon.

Whatever the FPS 'mechanics' are...it translates on my screen as smooth forward animation, with no micro-or large stop-chunk-start 'stutter' and interruption.  At 11 FPS showing, no stutter to ruin immersion. I mean, that I can show 11 FPS on the red FPS meter...but still have excellent animation. :)

BIOS: Alienware v11.b (tweaked custom addition)  Hyperthreading enabled

CPU: I7-975 Extreme at 4.3 GHz (overclock)

GPU: EVGA SuperClock Signature 680 GTX

System Memory: 12 GB's High Speed, low latency

H.D. :  Three 1TB Western Digital Velociraptors (10,000 RPM)

One Western Digital 4TB High Performance Black Series

Total System:  Dell 730x

Wow. And only 11 fps with that? And not even running intensive aircraft add-ons or much AI?

Holy smokes. :-O

Wow. And only 11 fps with that? And not even running intensive aircraft add-ons or much AI?

Holy smokes. :-O

Oh...I have EVERYTHING running...ASN, Accu-Feel, FSUIPC (registered), FS-Passengers, GSX, My Traffic v5.c.  the whole deal.  and all with the sim maxed out.

With heavy, intense cloud layers...by ASN...11 is the lowest that I have gone..but of course, it doesn't stay there...it could be that reading for two seconds...and then shoot right up to anything, including 32 FPS.  Still..even if it does go on my system to 11 FPS...still smooth as a baby's butt.  Just realize that I run the sim  at 98 percent full on...with the most popular add-ons (running in the background).

Untitled.png

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Oh...I have EVERYTHING running...ASN, Accu-Feel, FSUIPC (registered), FS-Passengers, GSX, My Traffic v5.c.  the whole deal.  and all with the sim maxed out.

Mitch

Well, I guess if you're running it full bore, maybe that's different. Although not exactly what I thought after hearing all the talk of more work going to the gpu to help take the load off the Cpu. Sounds like nothing has changed in that regard?

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Remind us Mitch, what CPU/GPU combo you have and how you upgraded to 3.2.3 ...clean?...all?...just client?...client + scenery?

Thanks,

… glad you're having so much fun with 3.2…

Chas

Chas...no upgrade...complete fresh install, and system specs have been posted :)

Mitch

Well, I guess if you're running it full bore, maybe that's different. Although not exactly what I thought after hearing all the talk of more work going to the gpu to help take the load off the Cpu. Sounds like nothing has changed in that regard?

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

No negativity coming from you. :)

I have my system stressed to the max...with P3D running 98 percent full out in all the settings masks.  I am a VFR flyer...and need the sim giving me as much visual/graphic output as the engine was designed for.  That is why I am so impressed with a FPS reading of 11 still giving me smooth and no immersion-ruining stutter or chunk.  To me...that simply is amazing!

Dell 730x

Is that the XPS by any chance? Cause if it is, then that is one nice rig you got there Ses.

Is that the XPS by any chance? Cause if it is, then that is one nice rig you got the Ses.

Yes...sorry, my bad...it is

I just edited to add the XPS in my system post.

My system is the XPS  730x (air cooled), with the laser cut 'X' window glass side panel.

I'd have to argue this, because when you break down what fps is, it's frames per second, and at 11fps, I couldn't really see how that would be smooth.  I guess Mitch has better eyes than all of us.

I would argue he has *worse* eyes.. If they were better he would see the difference... :P