With the GTN70 installed when I bring up the window Shift + 5 I have a window where it shows Shift + 2 is blacked out.

In FSX when I use Shift + 2 I get a small black box at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else?

yep same, its something to do with the default gps gauge, now not in use.

bob

Thanks, how about this one. Cowl flaps, left one shows a number and right one doesn't, with tool tips on of course.

And for Heaven's sake, why can't I get any speed out of this thing? I know I'm at 14K feet but I'm only at 110kts with a slight tail wind.

Jack Sawyer

One thing I wish people would do is to indicate what sim they are using / seeing these problems in. That would help explain why some see things and others don't!

Don

With the GTN70 installed when I bring up the window Shift + 5 I have a window where it shows Shift + 2 is blacked out.

In FSX when I use Shift + 2 I get a small black box at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else?

I have the same in P3Dv3.2

Ed

I would add to the bugs list to Carenado (hopefully they are reading this thread, and also the threads dedicated to the AP) something that is probably not a bug, but something that needs improvement, and it is the overall night lighting of the main panel. As example, the AP switch ON/OFF/TEST is barely visible at night and also all the levers (I mean throttle, condition and RPM levers), with instruments lights ON or OFF for me the "darkness" is about the same, unless I'm missing something or a certain switch (?).

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

HI.  I'm running P3Dv3.2.   When I open the aircraft in VC mode I get a large window (in addition to the VC)  with the Garmin GPS in it and a small approx. 4" x 4" black box  at the bottom a little left of center.  The only way I can remove that box is to cycle through the views.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

This is no bug and has very little to do with the sim you're using (i.e. FSX or P3D). This is simply the default assignment for Shift+2, which is "NONE". You can change this in your panel.cfg file at any time according to your taste.

This is how my declaration looks like after adding GTN750 and Rex/Milviz WX radar:

[Window Titles]

Window00 = AUTOPILOT

Window01 = NONE

Window02 = RADIO/ADF

Window03 = WINDOW MANAGER

Window04 = INFO

Window05 = ENGINE SETUP

Window06 = KNOB INFO

Window07 = Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U1 - DO NOT MODIFY

Window08 = WX Advantage Radar

Nope - I'm one of the few P3D 1.4 Dinosaurs left on the planet - so it's not limited to just the later versions of P3D...

I was wondering if it was a texture issue - but I'm seeing it on a different texture from the one in the picture above...

Mark

I'm seeing this too in FSX Acceleration, regardless of paint selected.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Great little plane, but I get no needle indication from the VORs (1 or 2) or the ADF - (I was able to finally tune that thing -thanks to this group). Again, no needle indications but I do get a working DME for both VORs.

Running P3Dv3.

Jim

Great little plane, but I get no needle indication from the VORs (1 or 2) or the ADF - (I was able to finally tune that thing -thanks to this group). Again, no needle indications but I do get a working DME for both VORs.

Running P3Dv3.

Jim

Well, to answer part of this myself - I  uninstalled the GTN750 and it works - at least VOR1.  Any idea how the VOR2 is activated?

Jim

• Upvote 1

I've assigned cowl flaps to physical switchs on my Saitek Quadrant.
When I use these physical switches the flaps open and close fine, but the open/close sound DOES NOT play.
If I use the switch in the VC the flaps open and close and the sound does play.

And another one for the repetitive exhaust vibration at idle. Great that it models real world sound and all, but the looping sound sample is too short for this and it creates a very annoying and unnaturally predictable buzz that really starts to grate quickly.

Using FSX Acceleration (Gold)

I have noticed on a few flights when, after landing I shut down and go to turn the fuel valves off, they are already off. On when I start out. I will try to determine when it happens. Anyone else?

JCH

When turning off the cabin lights, the pools of light on the ground cast by the landing lights also disappear.
The light effects for the physical landing lights themselves (the lamps under the wings) do remain visible however.

Using FSX Acceleration with GTH750 installed.

When turning off the cabin lights, the pools of light on the ground cast by the landing lights also disappear.

The light effects for the physical landing lights themselves (the lamps under the wings) do remain visible however.

Using FSX Acceleration with GTH750 installed.

I can only confirm that they work in P3D,( edit that's the 500s ver 1.1 ) Somebody running FSX will need to check it out.

bob

My apologies bob,
Just retried this and it's working fine now.
It was definately switching the ground light pool effect off in my FSX session earlier, but all works correctly now.
This must be one of those FSX aberrations. Sorry again.

Just saw, there are two fuel gauges, left and right.

TaRfZgal.jpg

In the aircrafts menu for fuel, there's only a center tank.

zcoTd3Tl.jpg

That's not Carenado standard. Just read, the Shrike had 5 tanks and one fuel gauge. So to see, I have 2 Gal left at near 86% of fuel is not helpful.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods