Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

AC 500S to the MRO (minor overhaul) - WIP

My pleasure guys.

Much better thank you. :smile: I'm using the this in FSX and all looks good but I did notice the ELT is now missing. It's just a black texture now. Also there are some black textures behind the red mixture lever that looks off.

Scott

I didn't touch the ELT or the levers, but Let me see what I can do about that.

Cheers.

Much better thank you. :smile: I'm using the this in FSX and all looks good but I did notice the ELT is now missing. It's just a black texture now. Also there are some black textures behind the red mixture lever that looks off.

I would suggest you post a picture showing the missing or black textures.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hello Guys/Gals

Fixed some stuff (my bad sorry, i messed some shadows)
- ELT shadow
- Copilot Instrument Shadows
- Mixture Levers Shadows.

AC500SFix1_01.jpg

Those of you who downloaded the previews version please redownload the ZIP file from here 
CA_Aero_Commander_500S_Interior_Textures_v1._01.

Please post suggestions/comments on this thread.

Thanks to Scott for finding this.

Cheers.

• Upvote 3

Good catch from Scott. Now it seems to be close to perfection!!!

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ramon,

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. It is very appreciated.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Is there any way you could make one that looks factory fresh?  Brand new?

Jack Sawyer

I chuckle that they spend extra effort making it look worn and realistic to the model depicted, and then immediately everyone wants a pristine time machine version ha.... yet, had they released a showroom fresh model we'd fuss it's too clean lol

Ahh the joys of simmers  :wink:

Great looking bird in either version for sure!

I chuckle that they spend extra effort making it look worn and realistic to the model depicted, and then immediately everyone wants a pristine time machine version ha.... yet, had they released a showroom fresh model we'd fuss it's too clean lol

Nice to have options for sure   :smile:

Rich Sennett

Yep, nice to have options. Now I have cleaner interior, nice newer paint job (Thanks to Rich) and a new sound set :smile:

Thanks to all those folks who make this possible....

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1

Certainly not pristine, but definitely not neglected either.  As I mentioned in another post, this model looks more like a worn out, bush model.  It really looks neglected by the owner.  A little bit of wear and tear for a model this age is normal, but this model upon release looked neglected.  I fly in real life and even though I don't have my own airplane, I know several doctors that are friends of mine and they call their planes "their babies".  I'd be hard pressed to find any proud owner with a cabin that looks like this one.  Thank God it is just a sim :smile:

Yep, nice to have options. Now I have cleaner interior, nice newer paint job (Thanks to Rich) and a new sound set :smile:

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin more to follow in the future  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Cheers

Martin

A new soundset?

Real Deraps

Certainly not pristine, but definitely not neglected either.  As I mentioned in another post, this model looks more like a worn out, bush model.  It really looks neglected by the owner.  A little bit of wear and tear for a model this age is normal, but this model upon release looked neglected.  I fly in real life and even though I don't have my own airplane, I know several doctors that are friends of mine and they call their planes "their babies".  I'd be hard pressed to find any proud owner with a cabin that looks like this one.  Thank God it is just a sim :smile:

I'm with you Gary, no harm meant.  Being I'm not a Doctor, just a simple man with a passion for airplanes and a family and the balancing act that follows, the real planes I fly resemble this much more than not ha....  but, I get where you are coming from, and my post wasn't meant as a knock against anybody  :hi:

Some of the planes where I keep mine are lucky to keep enough air in the tires and oil in the engine for the days flight!  It's just much more common that our fleet of general aviation airplanes like this which are often 30-40+ years old to be rough... many developers make perfect models, I like when one is worn.  

• Upvote 1

For those that fine the original soundset a little annoying here is a nice soundset by Gary Jones. Thanks to iflygary for pointing it out in another thread!

File Description:
Lycoming, Teledyne Continental soundpack designed for use with any aircraft driven by these or similar engines. Well suited for twins like the highly recommended Aero Commander 560 model by Milton Shupe, FSD Piper Navajo Panther and F1 Cessna 310. Avsim Library.

Filename: twin_lycoming_continental_sounds.zip

• Upvote 1