Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

AI Flightplan FS2004 Tinmouse2 B737

Hey!

I made a very short flightplan from Brussels to Rome for a Tinmouse2 B737. This is it....:

"AC#60,OO-SDP,60%,24HR,IFR,08:59:00,10:43:00,280,F,1642,LIRF,14:59:00,16:42;50,275,F,1642,EBBR"

and the aircraft is:...:

AC#60,430,"Boeing 737-229(A) Sabena - OO-SDP"

The problem with this aircraft is that it never starts at the sceduled time, instead of that it just starts some 'unpredictable' time later, and hence arrivés too late at the destination airport.

The aircraft is based on the TinMouse II model of Bob Scott and some others.

Can somebody explain why this is so?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Just an idea: wouldn't it be better to use a dedicated AI model (for instance by FAIB)? The Tinmouse is a rather sophisticated model and may make problems when used as AI aircraft. Although, so far I only found repaints for the UTT and Aardvark AI models.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Good morning GeyerH,

Maybe you are right.

The problem is that I don't find no other Sabena repaint of the D737, so I had to go for the Tinmouse2 model. But I will thouroughly dheck Internet again and look for a better model AND repaint.

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Jive1,

The AI engine certainly lives a life of it's own but I've never heard of or seen the type of unpredictability you write about. Have you checked at which of the two airports your aircraft is parked directly before it's "unpredicatble" departure ? Have you then gradually edited the time of day until it pushes back and departs ? Have you tried a (test) round trip of e.g. 6 hours instead of the 24 hours, so that you can test more closely ? Very strange problem indeed.

Programming one of your flyable aircraft as an AI is however never advisable because the external view only aircraft will be dragging with it, a panel, sounds and a far too "heavy" texture set, most probably without the necessary mipmaps as well. Result ....... a frame rate hit. However, using such a flyable aircraft as an AI can never cause the specific unpredictability which you write about.

Please also be advised that because of the very long parking periods you have programmed at both airports your aircraft will not remain visible for each complete period but will automatically pop up again, possibly at another free parking position, a certain amount of time before it's departure.

Please post any further findings.

Regards

Hans

The problem is that I don't find no other Sabena repaint of the D737

Hi,

at least there is one repaint for the AIA model within this packages:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=sabold.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=sabnew.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

I know that most simmers have changed to FAIB (the UTT model was always lacking repaints, although there is a Sabena repaint for it in the library: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=UTT+Sabena&CatID=fs2004aia&Go=Search), but the venerable AIA 732 is better than nothing. At least you could use the AIA version to test your flightplans.

Regards and good luck,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hey!

@Hans

I've placed my aircraft and watched when it would start, but it didn't. So I changed time 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 houres further till I saw that it was gone. Then I went back some minutes till I saw that the aircraft was still there. Then I waited till it started.

When I knew the data, I restarted my FS9 and I wanted to repete that event, but the aircraft started appr. one houre earlier. I did it several times and the statrting time was every time different....

I did not test the way you advised me now, but I'm affraid that I will not have better results...

Programming a flyable airctraft to be used as AI, I did such a thing already several times, but always I take away the panel and the sound folder, and everything else to keep just 4 folders: model, texture, aircraft.cfg and air-file. In most of the cases it worked good. Sometimes there was an aircraft that did strange things, like here in this case. In these cases I stopped using that specific aircraft for AI.

What you tell in your last paragraph is something that I know, I've experienced similar things. But even then, the aircraft was there when the time came to start. Sometimes the aircraft started at a different parking spot than it was planned, but that is not really a problem.

My problem here is that every day the aircraft starts at a different time. So what I will do, is try to find another aircraft to replace this Tinmouse2 aircraft, and to get a result as planned....

@Harald

Thank you for the references of the Sabena aircraft. I can use one of these of course, if I can find its model, and I mean the one indicated with http://library.avsim...04aia&Go=Search, it is exactly the same layout as the one I was using in Tinmouose2 version. So many thanks for your advise.

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

With your help, my problem is solved now. Another Sabena 737 of the same layout is now flying from Brussels to Rome and back...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey there Jive1,

Happy to hear that you have solved your problem but I still have two comments:

1. The AI engine accepts multiple traffic files, not only the main one in the World/scenery folder, but also others, possibly hidden elswhere in separate addon sceneries. Your "unpredictibility" problem could have been caused by such a hidden traffic file and which unexpectedly used the same aircraft number (60).

2. AI textures are always (or should be) very simple ones and which include so called mipmaps. Using the far more detailed flyable aircarft textures without mipmaps for AI aircraft, will cause your graphics card to constantly need to render them, even although the aircarft is far away and out of sight. Mipmapped textures are purposely used to prevent this and thus keep frame rates as high as possible.

Regards

Hans