Sign in to follow this  
Don Quixote

SimCoders Reality Expansion Pack for Carenado V35 released

Looks like the new REP is now available on Simmarket! It's not up at the .org store yet, but probably will be soon.

I have the REP for the F33 and like it a lot. It's not perfect but adds a lot to immersion to GA flying. I'm not sure if there will be a discount for the V35 for owners of the F33, but it would be nice as many features such as the engine simulation should be the same in both.

Looks like the new REP is now available on Simmarket! It's not up at the .org store yet, but probably will be soon.

I have the REP for the F33 and like it a lot. It's not perfect but adds a lot to immersion to GA flying. I'm not sure if there will be a discount for the V35 for owners of the F33, but it would be nice as many features such as the engine simulation should be the same in both.

Wow, that came faster than expected. Nice! I have both the CT210 and F33A packs and they're great. The V35 doesn't really tickle my fancy and I'll be looking forward to the B58 REP instead.

As for the discount, I think they're charging a fair price. I've also seen them go on sale before.

Neat... I hesitate to say that I'll pick this one up, since I'm a big enough fan of the F33A (I've bought it now for three different platforms, plus REP for the XP version) that I just don't pine for the V35.  I can understand why they chose it though, since I'm guessing a lot of the base F33A code can be reused.

However, a REP twin would be nice (I'd personally prefer the C340 II, or the Alabeo C404 over the B58), and I'd personally love to see something like the C185 done, or perhaps the Alabeo C207 Skywagon (which is really one of my favorites among high wing GA in X-Plane).

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

However, a REP twin would be nice (I'd personally prefer the C340 II, or the Alabeo C404 over the B58), and I'd personally love to see something like the C185 done, or perhaps the Alabeo C207 Skywagon (which is really one of my favorites among high wing GA in X-Plane).

I'm sure they'll tackle more twins once the B58 is out. See this post: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/103895-xp-needs-rep-for-the-turboprops/&do=findComment&comment=1027124

First time I've heard of these REPs (been out of the game for awhile).  Very nice!  Really highlights what Carenado is missing...  :Whistle:

• Upvote 1

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

I was going to post the news here on Avsim but someone has preceded me  :smile:

The V35B is powered by the newer REP v2.4 (that will come to the C210 and the F33A as well within days).

This new package features all the previous enhancements that we did to the other aircrafts and something new:

1. Custom Osborne tip-tanks simulation: for this we added the custom electric fuel pumps switches to the 3D cockpit. They'll transfer the fuel from the tips to the main tanks
  2. Interchangeable spark plugs between default and fine-wire
  3. Spark plugs fouling
  4. LOP/ROP engine operations and damages
  • Upvote 3

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com

I was going to post the news here on Avsim but someone has preceded me  :smile:

The V35B is powered by the newer REP v2.4 (that will come to the C210 and the F33A as well within days).

This new package features all the previous enhancements that we did to the other aircrafts and something new:

1. Custom Osborne tip-tanks simulation: for this we added the custom electric fuel pumps switches to the 3D cockpit. They'll transfer the fuel from the tips to the main tanks
  2. Interchangeable spark plugs between default and fine-wire
  3. Spark plugs fouling
  4. LOP/ROP engine operations and damages

Noice!

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Cheers Claudio! I am really not at all interested in the V-tail Bonanza, but the fact that you keep providing update after update free of charge may just make me pick up this REP too.

Really look forward to the B58 though.

If you are looking for more twin ideas in the long run, the C404 Titan is the best Alabeo/Carenado twin I know and also uses the IO-520 engines (albeit the M variant as far as I know) that would hopefully make it fairly easy to implement!

Only problem I noticed was that it said do not operate the engine oversquare.

Total myth. Firewall to cruise in a Bonanza, Mooney, and most piston planes. Above 5k feet, manifold pressure will of dropped anyway by itself. Pull the prop and mixture back for desired economy.

Some people choose to climb at 25/25 or 24/24 but all you are doing is reducing noise, burning a little less fuel, but suffering in climb performance (which may be crucial depending on where you are). You aren't helping the engine any. Firewall forward on climb actually keeps the cylinders cooler.

Only problem I noticed was that it said do not operate the engine oversquare.

Total myth. Firewall to cruise in a Bonanza, Mooney, and most piston planes. Above 5k feet, manifold pressure will of dropped anyway by itself. Pull the prop and mixture back for desired economy.

Some people choose to climb at 25/25 or 24/24 but all you are doing is reducing noise, burning a little less fuel, but suffering in climb performance (which may be crucial depending on where you are). You aren't helping the engine any. Firewall forward on climb actually keeps the cylinders cooler.

Hi, what you say is right if you talk about Lycoming engines.

For the old Continental IO-520 that's a different story. Continental writes about it in its manuals and there's a graph showing the unrecommended oversquare operations in the aircraft's POH. That's why there's that message in there.

That said, a little oversquare is forgiven by the sim. A strong oversquare is not (except for the turbo TSIO-520 which is ok to be operated oversquare, also because it has a lower compression ratio).

About climbing at full power, yes, that's better than climbing at 25MP@2500RPMs because there is more fuel cooling the engine.

No problem for REP if you climb at full power @2700RPM.

For example, about the TCM IO-550 is a whole different story, again.

• Upvote 1

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com

Really Looking forward to the Baron,My favorite Carenado Aircraft :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick