Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Siberia II

Hi,

some pictures of my recent journeys in Siberia:

At first from a flight UNIP Podkamennaya Tunguska to UIII Irkutsk, then some "wildlife" at lake Baikal.

Have fun!

160511%20Tu-134%20UNIP1_zpsmvp2qleh.jpg

160511%20Tu-134%20UNIP2_zpsozcpmovh.jpg

160511%20Tu-134%20UNIP4_zpsm49rzpup.jpg

160511%20Tu-134%20UNIP5_zpsqevq6kpt.jpg

160511%20Tu-134%20UNIP6_zpsavyx2j1m.jpg

Some impressions from Irkutsk

160512%20Tu-134%20UIII1_zpsjoqhnecz.jpg

160512%20Tu-134%20UIII2_zpszofhfcnf.jpg

160512%20Tu-134%20UIII3_zps4vj3rvho.jpg

160512%20Tu-134%20UIII5_zpsmu8adjfb.jpg

160512%20Tu-134%20UIII6_zpsyimi2tst.jpg

160512%20Tu-134%20UIII7_zpsev8uto4n.jpg

And now the funny part:

160513%20An-2%20UIII1_zpsxcw4lzib.jpg

160513%20An-2%20UIII2_zpsqd4ndtwt.jpg

160513%20An-2%20UIII3_zps8dntdvhs.jpg

160513%20An-2%20UIII6_zpso64gxato.jpg

160513%20An-2%20UIII7_zpstl5gwi6p.jpg

160513%20An-2%20UIII8_zpsnicpvuh9.jpg

160513%20An-2%20UIII9_zpseeaq5grz.jpg

160513%20An-2%20UIII10_zpspzg5k2gw.jpg

Myahkiye posadki!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Very nice custom airports and love the AN 2.....The thundering sound of a big radial engine is unforgettable!

HLJAMES

Loved it Harald! ....I'm missing my sim so much, seeing your flights really helps. :Applause:   

Thanks HLJames and Ed.

Ed, what happened to your sim meanwhile? Still technical issues?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, what contrail mod are you using? Mine never look as good as those in screen #4.

Ed, what happened to your sim meanwhile? Still technical issues?

Hello Harald, The clue is on my flight yoke. My sim is running beautifully BUT........

My wife gave birth to our son three weeks ago. :Party:  I packed up my sim and put it away as I knew I would not have any time for it.  :Broken Heart:

I put it back together yesterday but I cannot fly the way I used to or make videos..or make panels. I have to get used to "jump in and fly" which is not me. :Nerd:

I am happy watching your flights for the time being. :hi:  

FullSizeRender_zpsm9frhhkh.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great pics Harald!

My wife gave birth to our son three weeks ago. :Party: I packed up my sim and put it away as I knew I would not have any time for it. :Broken Heart:

Congratulations Ed!! Had no idea you were married or had a new born. As soon as he's a little older he can be your copilot.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

what contrail mod are you using?

Sascha, if only I knew... What I know for sure is that I applied the contrail mod of Flusifix. And if you say me the filename, I can send you my file.

Hello Harald, The clue is on my flight yoke. My sim is running beautifully BUT........

My wife gave birth to our son three weeks ago. :Party: I packed up my sim and put it away as I knew I would not have any time for it. :Broken Heart:

I put it back together yesterday but I cannot fly the way I used to or make videos..or make panels. I have to get used to "jump in and fly" which is not me. :Nerd:

Congratulations, Ed! I hope that wife and son are well!

But I also think there will be better times again. My first son (7) has got his first simulator plane some time ago, a Piper Cherokee. And my little son (2) - this was a year ago:

DSCN61941_zpsd1464f64.jpg

20150714_154913_zpsgrllhblr.jpg

Nevertheless, all my flights take place between 9 PM and 2 AM. As Otto Lilienthals last words were: "Sacrfifices have to be brought." In our cases, it's not our life, but our sleep.

All the best to you, Ed!

Great pics Harald!

Thanks cmpbellsjc.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, Harald. Makes me remembering my flying in Russia as passenger  :wink:

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

flying in Russia as passenger

Cool. May I ask: when and where? And with which plane?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Of course Harald, That was at the end of the Nineties and most of it to Moscow, Kasan, Irbit and Tjumen. Moscow and Kasan was a Lufthansa Airbus, Irbit and Tjumen (where I had to go more often) was in one of my company's (BASF) corporate jets, a Lear 45. In those days BASF did not allow me to fly anything Russian. Maybe they worried more about my safety than I did. But four times I flew from Moscow to Alma Ata (Almaty) in Kasachstan in an Ilyushin 96 without telling them. What a plane. You entered it via the cargo hold and then climbed up to the passenger compartment. Food was lousy, but the plane was great.

• Upvote 1

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks Bernd, that sounds exciting! Beside the Ilyushin, surely an approach to Almaty is a great scenic experience.

Somehow it's a pity for these classic Soviet airliners - I came too late for fly with them. I only know two former CIS countries' airports from real world - Kiev and Tbilisi - and some Tupolevs slowly deteriorate at the apron at the latter one, but none will be flying again. Fortunately in Kiev one can see some Yak, Tu and An which obviously are still flown.

More Russian flightsimming will follow, but now: Happy Holiday.

160515%20Tu-134%20UIII18_zpsffqwoe52.jpg

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, for me one of the most impressive Russian birds is the Tu-114. I saw her in front of Sheremetyevo and was struck by her beauty and sheer presence. Then I started to read about her history and was even more impressed. And the great thing is that I can fly her now in P3D. I will post some screenies here soon.

All the best, 

Bernd 

the Tu-114

Oh yes, this is a monster. Looking forward to some screenies from a flight Moscow - Khabarovsk! (This would be worth an AI setup for Aeroflot in the 70ies...) For me, the Tu-114 would be too big, while the 134 is quite o.k.

Awesome pics, Harald!

Many thanks! P.S. Your sim also does look great (your textures seem sharper than mine), your FS9Evo+OSM setup is unbeatable. I was too laze to set up OSM; instead I use a GIS landclass that has been in the library recently.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Very edutational as ever, Harald!

Love your AN-2 shots especially.

Now I have to go spend some quality time with Wikipedia again :)

Did I just invent a word, I wonder?