Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

BEV Questions

I understand that when a now product comes out the providers are often swamped for some period of time with questions on their support forums. So it is no surprise that I have not yet received answers to mine.But while I'm waiting for those good folks to get back to me, I thought I'd explore the knowledge base here on Avsim.I'm not all that concerned with the configurator problem I'm having since I can use BEV without with it. But I do have one issue I'd like to clear up. It's probably just some of my settings.The scenery textures redraw very close to the aircraft. That means that when you look out the window at the ground, you see blurry textures very close to you, and you see them redrawing along a very definite line just a little distance away. When you fly close to mountains, the details suddenly pop into view when you get very close to them. Of course, all that redraw activity close to you also the scenery appear to crawl and shimmer.Could someone suggest some settings that might improve that? From all the raves I've seen about the wonderful scenery in BEV I can't believe everyone is having the same results I'm having.MIP Mapping settings move that line in and out to some degree but don't really clear up the problem.Oh, by the way, I'm running an ATI 9800 card, Win XP Home, Dell XPS 3 gigahertz, 2 gigs RAM.Thanks for whatever help you can give me.Dewey

Guest allcott

Set Anisotropic Filtering to a suitable level for your card - 4x, 8x or 16x.Allcott

Guest Bottle

Dewey, did this help you? I have the exact same problem after I let FS9 rebuild the config file. However, that is all I changed, so I can't see that it's my antialiasing (which is turned off in game but on in the graphics driver control panel).

Dewey,If you're still having problems, please stop by our forums again. The support forums got hacked and most of us have not even been able to access them till last night. You may need to re-register to post, but you can use the same log-in info you used before. Let us know if we can help. Just about all the configuator problems have been resolved, so please let us know if you are still having troubles with it as well.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest koorby

Dewey, do this:1. Backup your fs9.cfg2. Delete it3. Run FS2004, go to Settings|Display4. Set ALL sliders to MAX. Then set MIP levels to 4, number of rendered lights to 6, first 2 clouds sliders all the way left. 5. Edit the fs9.cfg as follows:[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=3.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4(Be sure to set TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL to 19 for default or 76m mesh, 20 for 38m mesh or 21 if you have 19 or 20m mesh).Let me know if this works. If it doesn't your issues are deeper than the sim.