Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

MD11 and WX Advantage Radar integration?

Hi guys, does anyone know if this new gauges could be integrated in the VC or will it be?

I think only PMDG could do it, so is there any plan by PMDG staff?

Alternatively could be possible to create a shortcut to display this gauge as 2d popup w/o using FSX menu to recall it? or insert a clickable area inside VC to click over to display 2d gauge?

I'm using it with MD11 and am very happy, but every time I change my camera view (with EZCA) 2d gauge disappears, so I need to click a spot or shortcut to recall it.

Many thanks for reply.

Ric

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

The MD11 has been discontinued - it's not even sold any more. You should expect no further work from PMDG on it.

To make the weather radar stay open when you change views, you can include the command "type=special" under the radar's applicable [Window.XX] entry in your panel.cfg file.

For an easier method to make the radar pop up, I'd use FSUIPC to assign a keystroke command to an unused controller on my joystick.  FOr example, if the "Shift-7" keystroke command sequence opens the radar, use FSUIPC to assign a button to execute that keystroke sequence

Hans Soule

Hi Hans, I know it's discontinued, it's a shame!

Anyway, I could use FSUIPC but there is no associated shortcut to recall WX Radar, you have to go ti FSX Menu-->Views-->Instrument Panel-->WX Radar

Do you know if I can't associate one to it?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

In your panel.cfg, you have to make sure the weather radar is assigned to one of Window00 through Window09 - and it won't be, because on install the weather radar assigns itself the next available WIndowXX number.  That means you'll have to swap the radar into a slot from 00 to 09, and swap out the existing PMDG-determined pop-up in that slot.

Then, you can assign a shortcut key in FSUIPC to emulate using the Shift-Number key combo you use to pop up a window.  So for example say you wanted to use Shift-5 to pop up the weather radar.  You'd move the weather radar's panel.cfg entry to Window04 (Shift-5 opens whatever's listed under Window04 - the Shift number is always one higher).  Then, you assign Shift-5 to one of your controller buttons.

DOn't forget to change the WindowXX descriptions at the to of panel.cfg as well.

If you've not done this type of work in panel.cfg before, two suggestions: (1) BACK UP your existing panel.cfg file, then (2) start with something easier - say just swap the Window07 and Window08 entries,get a feel for changing the the WindowXX entries and how they affect the Shift-XX key combinations.

Hans Soule

Thank you very much Hans.

I'll try as soon as possible.

Ric

Riccardo