Sign in to follow this  
Guest ecv737

Radar Contact question

Guest Logan826

Just wondering how many of you have this, and is it really worth the price tag. Don't flame, I'm not knocking the product, just asking questions to make a smart purchase as they don't have a demo or try before you buy.Thanks, Dan K

Dan,I won't try the RC hard sell with you despite me not being financially linked to the team.I've been involved in the development of version 4 for the last 18 months and I wouldn't fly without it. I've tried the default FS9 ATC twice out of curiosity and gave up. It doesn't even come close to what RC can offer. Click on the link below to find out more if you're curious or visit the RC forum further down the list.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest bobsk8

I have tried RC and am now flying almost exclusively on Vatsim. Nothing beats a live controller , in my opinion.

I like live controllers but if there are none, RC is the best there is. Wait till version 4 comes out. I am. Lots of chatter and that makes it real.JimCYWG

IMHO, Radar Contact (3.1 is currently available with version 4 on its way within 30 days) is the best thing for ATC when VATSIM (live) coverage is not available.It handily beats out FS9's ATC-- you won't be sorry.

Wow I haven't been keeping up with FS happenings lately but RCv4 is almost ready to be shippped?!!!

Chaps,The official line from John Decker is this... We've set December 1st as our tentative release date.I suggest you visit the Radar Contact Forum or watch the website for further news. Click the link below.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Your very first impression of the product will be that it lacks a friendly UI. However, immersion and realism makes you forget all that and makes RC3 (which is the one I tried and in FS2002) a must have if you want maximum realism. I spent a long time without flying, then got into it with FS2004 again and I'm looking forward for the RC4 release. Certanly, a great product, after using it a few times you won't be dissapointed.

Guest bobsk8

I hope it doesn't have the "Robbie the Robot" sound that the present version has.

Robbie the Robot ??JimCYWG

From one of the best sci-fi movies of all time: http://www.the-robotman.com/home.html . Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest ecv737

Reply to 1Nothing beats RC. I have been a user since it first came out, and in every new version the Program keeps getting better and better.I am using RCv3.1 and I am looking forward to the forthcoming version 4.I do fly VATSIM, but a lot of times I do not find controllers in a lot of big airport, so I go to my base case and use RC.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee://http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporte...bgcolor=#eeeeee

Guest ecv737

I have been a user of RC since it first came out. Every new update is better than the previous one.Hence I am really looking forward to version 4.The customer service is tops. One of the best if not the best in Simming world.I do fly AVSIM once in a while but not all the time you get controllers, specially if you are not flying from or to Big airports, and sometimes not even there. So that is why I always go to my base case and fly with RC (no Robotic voices here....).Forget about FS default ATC. No comparison what so ever. AFAIC this product is worth every penny.Edmundo CardenasMeridian VA Pilot

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg