Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Kind of "zero autogen" option for X-Plane 10....

Let's say that 95% of the time I use X-Plane 10 I use it with PSX, and, I really like how smoother it is compared to FSX or P3D used for the same purpose, but still not up to the level I would like...

I couldn't care less about the scenery, other than airport scenery. I prefer to have nice weather rendering, at least compatible with what I have in PSX, so, I would liek to have some option to totaly

disable autogen scenery other than that making part of airport buildings ( from the XP Gateway ).

In FSX I could set Scenery Detail to ULTRA or something like that and autogen to NONE, this way getting only the buildings at the airports and some main buildings in towns....

An alternative would be to find some way of editing the default scenery files that come with XP10 and "kill" all autogen, without killing the airport buildings.

Does anyone know how to get this ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There is a small python script that allows to remove a percentage of the autogen (in oder to up the FPS). The roof texture and underlying textures will remain, though (in order to still have some urban feeling to it).

You can set the desired percentage as you like. Go ahead and try 100% and see what happens. Can be reversed by running the very same script.

I think it's available over at the .org. Search the threads.

Good luck

Flo

No words, just a link :wink:.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Thx guys!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just a thumbs up regarding this script - it works like a charm!!!

I am using 80-90% and the gain is noticeable. Haven't tried it with any OSM scenery (have it disabled), but I will, although I never use OSM + Autogen from SimHeaven, so I guess it will stay the same, right ?

Main Simulation Rig:

:dance:  :yahoo:  :LMAO:

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

:Party:    

Hehehe Zulfi  - It's smoother this way....

I also found an interesting side effect of using XView - it appears to set the time in a way that makes daylight plausibly following the rw daylight for a given place / date around the World. Basically it uses the relation between local and utc, which can be edited in the Environment menu, and set's it in a way that gives me daylight ( dusk / dawn ) a lot more plausible than when I use Xp10 alone :-)

I also use just default weather rendering ( not that I do not like SMP3, but the less plugins the best for smoothness purpose ) and when using Xp10 with PSX, I choose to inject weather from PSX into Xp10, even if flying with RWW. I used to use the NOAA plugin to inject the weather in Xp10, and disable weather injcetion from PSX, but the latest verison of Xview I am using is smooth even when injecting weather itself.

I look forward for 10.50 because I got the idea, from some screen posted at the Dev's Blog, that it may also include some alternative cloud art ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Maybe, but the clouds on that picture look somehow different to me ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Maybe, but the clouds on that picture look somehow different to me ?

No, Ben confirmed in a comment below that screenshot that this is showing the default clouds.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

This autogen script is quite interesting. I take it that if you normally run autogen at say, 2 steps down from max, you could run this script to blank out roughly 20% of the autogen - then be able to turn the autogen up to max, but have approximately the same amount of buildings as before (but with the addition of the ground textures for the missing buildings). Neat idea.  Urban areas would look much denser, but at only a small cost.

I'm guessing though that this is only valid for autogen, and not for OSM based scenery?  Unless of course, you're in an area where there is no OSM buildings... hmmm... I'll have to play with this perhaps!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I choose to inject weather from PSX into Xp10, even if flying with RWW.

PSX is the best study-sim i have seen in my entire sim experience. Unfortunately, lack of real winds aloft is a gamebreaker for me :sad:

It has been around half a year since i last checked for a solution to this (none found). Has anything changed in this regard recently?

Regards,

Radek

PSX is the best study-sim i have seen in my entire sim experience. Unfortunately, lack of real winds aloft is a gamebreaker for me :sad:

It has been around half a year since i last checked for a solution to this (none found). Has anything changed in this regard recently?

I don't think that add-on that injected winds using ASN has got much updates.

For me, anyway, it wouldn't help much because I do not use FSX or P3D...

Injecting from X-Plane 10 would be great.... when 10.50 brings World Winds Aloft...

Main Simulation Rig:

I don't think that add-on that injected winds using ASN has got much updates.

For me, anyway, it wouldn't help much because I do not use FSX or P3D...

Not sure what ASN is, Jose? ActiveSky Network? I'm not FSX/P3D user neither. When i bought PSX, i made a couple of flights using XP10+PSX combo (xview) - until i found my winds at altitude were totally off.

Injecting from X-Plane 10 would be great.... when 10.50 brings World Winds Aloft...

Well, X-Plane already has solid world winds aloft simulation, thanks to 3rd party weather addons. I have been using FSGRW for quite a while and it works well - winds are set according to real world forecast charts (same as PFPX etc.).

Regards,

Radek

Yep, I meant Active Sky Next.

And also used the NOAA plugin and FSGRW with X-Plane 10 !

Main Simulation Rig: