Sign in to follow this  
gonzothegreat1

Pmdg 777 fmc buttons not responding to mouse

Hi can someone help I am running prepar3d vs 3 with a pmdg 777 all recently have been working correctly until today. when trying to press any of the fmc keys it does not respond to the mouse however everything else in the cockpit does respond flaps , mpc , trim all work . I am also running saitek x52 joystick again with no issues. It's all a bit strange I have reinstalled my pmdg 777 to see if this sorts the problem but to no avail any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mitch

Are you clicking on the virtual cockpit FMC or on the pop-up FMC? Could you try the pop-up window (shift + 4, I think, or click on top of the FMC screen so it pops-up) and see if that works?

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I know this will sound weird, but are you too far "back?" If the camera is placed too far back, it goes into the virtual headrest. This "blocks" the FMC because the game thinks you're inside the headrest.

It's all a bit strange I have reinstalled my pmdg 777 to see if this sorts the problem but to no avail any help with this would be much appreciated.

Reinstalls rarely ever fix anything, so you're better off either actually troubleshooting, or reaching out for support.

Did you read the file that came with the installer that says "Prepar3D USERS READ THIS"?

Kyle Rodgers

Thankyou to everyone's suggestions after a day of uninstalling and re installing prepar 3D and my pmdg 777 I now have full control of my fmc

Kind regards Mitch

I know this will sound weird, but are you too far "back?" If the camera is placed too far back, it goes into the virtual headrest. This "blocks" the FMC because the game thinks you're inside the headrest.

I have pondered for the longest time why developers don't give an option to remove the captain's seat back...maybe a mouse click somewhere.  This issue has come up so many times for so many aircraft.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, gonzothegreat1 said:

Hi can someone help I am running prepar3d vs 3 with a pmdg 777 all recently have been working correctly until today. when trying to press any of the fmc keys it does not respond to the mouse however everything else in the cockpit does respond flaps , mpc , trim all work . I am also running saitek x52 joystick again with no issues. It's all a bit strange I have reinstalled my pmdg 777 to see if this sorts the problem but to no avail any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mitch

I have the same FMC problem with FSX Acceleration. Flight plan LGIO rwy 32 to LGKR rwy 35 then after opening FMC and after setup the DEP/ARR Index I go to LEGS. From LEGS I want to move a waypoint but no responses. Tried again after deleting ARPT_RWY.dat file and still. Everything works from FMC except not allowed even to change runway from D/A Index. I think T7 needs updates?

Patricio Valdes

36 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I have the same FMC problem with FSX Acceleration. Flight plan LGIO rwy 32 to LGKR rwy 35 then after opening FMC and after setup the DEP/ARR Index I go to LEGS. From LEGS I want to move a waypoint but no responses. Tried again after deleting ARPT_RWY.dat file and still. Everything works from FMC except not allowed even to change runway from D/A Index. I think T7 needs updates?

Tried again and still. But it became weird. After finished the FMC setup I noticed that I didn't entered the Departure runway. So, I entered the runway number and FSX closed without any messages. Maybe the Windows 10 Fall Creators is interfering. Also, very usual the FSX message "Error Creating Child Window" then it crushes. Something going on with T7.

Patricio Valdes