Sign in to follow this  
pdavies

777 P3D V3.2 BEX Error

Hey Everyone - 

I've had a ticket open with the guys about this, but I want to see if anyone else has had the same problem.  As normal, I'm at my wits end! I had everything working fantastic with my older version of P3D, and then out of nowhere I tried to open it again for my next flight and I got the BEX error.  Opened the ticket, we came to the conclusion that it was time for a fresh install.  So I decided to upgrade to P3D 3.2 to get the better performance, so I have been working on the fresh install today.  I install P3D, everything works great.  Install the 777 and now I'm getting the BEX error.  Nothing else installed, so in my mind it has to be the 777? I'm out of ideas?  Here's the text for the BEX error:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX
  Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version: 3.2.3.16769
  Application Timestamp: 56df48ce
  Fault Module Name: RAASPRO.dll
  Fault Module Version: 2.3.1.7
  Fault Module Timestamp: 55eeb0fc
  Exception Offset: 00013fd8
  Exception Code: c0000417
  Exception Data: 00000000
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: c060
  Additional Information 2: c060bb203b05c28a11d4a20d2498325a
  Additional Information 3: 4078
  Additional Information 4: 407846c6f1d517c89132c172e2e28516

Because the fault module name is RAASPRO.dll, it really makes me think it's a RAAS problem.  Previously I had installed the RAAS update while troubleshooting the 2.0 version but it didn't do anything.  I think it must be a wacko unique problem because this shouldn't happen with a fresh install and a new download from PMDG.  HELP!  Thanks, guys!

Update:

Uninstalling the 777 as recommended by PMDG, reinstalling, then deleting the RAAS folder in the root P3D folder allows the sim to start.  Haven't tested RAAS yet, but I have a feeling it won't work.