Sign in to follow this  
wakashi

Great FPS on CJ2 until...

Hey Gentlemen,

Could anyone offer up a suggestion as to why the Carenado Citation CJ2 that I just purchased has great FPS in the cold and dark state (35-45) but when I flip the battery switch on they fall to (.3 - .5)!

I have the 550 and the Phenom and they both work just fine.  I don't think the database ever did build either as far as I can tell.  I tried the suggestions from Avsim and Carenado forums but so far nothing has worked in my case.  My rig is less than a year old with Win 7Pro 64, i7-5820 processor, 16GB mem & GTX 980 Nvidia GPU.  I am running FSX Acceleration.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Regards, Roger

"I don't think the database ever did build either as far as I can tell."

Why not try uninstall ... reboot pc, install a fresh download. And check it out again.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I would open a tech support ticket with Carenado.

Best Regards,

Hi there,

i have some Carenado glass cockpit birds and they pull a lot of fps. Especially the Pro Lone cockpit gauges do that. See the Hawker 850XP and the King Air 90 GTX which are equipped with these gauges. I did a small test few weeks ago with the GTX 90, i switched of the avionics and the fps gain/drop was significant 10-15 fps difference when flying in dense areas.

Where did you start your flight, do you have any heavy add on running along with the CJ2? I suggest to go to a default airfield in a less dense populated area and start up the CJ2 again. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Go to the Carenado Support page and read through the knowledge base. There is a looonnnngggg thread on this issue. Carenado has done nothing to resolve.

Where did you start your flight, do you have any heavy add on running along with the CJ2? I suggest to go to a default airfield in a less dense populated area and start up the CJ2 ag

Mickyj, yep, started the flight at a default field in a country setting with no add-on's. The problem starts as soon as I flip the battery switch to the on position.

Thanks for the input.

Roger

Go to the Carenado Support page and read through the knowledge base. There is a looonnnngggg thread on this issue. Carenado has done nothing to resolve.

Silverheels2, thanks, I read most of that loooonnnngggg thread but found nothing useful to my situation. Gonna keep plugging at it for a while though, nothing quite like winning against these problems! I appreciate you turning me on to the GTN 750 a couple of weeks ago also it's working great.

Roger

Mickyj, yep, started the flight at a default field in a country setting with no add-on's. The problem starts as soon as I flip the battery switch to the on position.

Thanks for the input.

Roger

Silverheels2, thanks, I read most of that loooonnnngggg thread but found nothing useful to my situation. Gonna keep plugging at it for a while though, nothing quite like winning against these problems! I appreciate you turning me on to the GTN 750 a couple of weeks ago also it's working great.

Roger

Did you have this problem before any user mods / modifying the default CJ2 installation?

Best Regards,

vonmar,

I haven't modified the default CJ2 as of yet since I can't use it as of yet.  I downloaded it, installed it and when it loaded up it was in a started condition with bad fps, I did a shift 8 and brought up the cold and dark menu selected that and as soon as everything shut down the fps jumped back to 35-45.  I did have problems with Navigraph in the Citation 500 but after removing the navigraph and using the GTN 750 I have been able to use that one again.  I have tried to get the GTN download from Avsim (Mediafire link) several times but so far it has not worked.  Thought maybe I could install the GTN and make this thing go.

Roger

Roger,

"I don't think the database ever did build either as far as I can tell ... and .... BAT ON = low FPS "

If CJ2 is in original default install .. do a Carenado Support ticket and see what they say ... With FSX acceleration and Win7-64 you should not have any problems.

Best Regards,