Sign in to follow this  
fabs79

trying to use panelbuilder on a networked pc - chaotic instrument readings

Hi everyone,

I've been using Panelbuilder for my home cockpit setup in prepar3d for some time now on a Windiws 7 64 bit PC and it worked quite well. Yesterday I tried to setup a second PC (windows 7 32 bit) to run Panel Builder (version 2.96) while the Simconnect interface (also 2.96) ran on my flightsim PC. I must admit I don't know anything about windows networks so I just connected the two PCs with a cable and gave it a try. The good news is that the gauges on the second pc receive data from the simulator. The bad news is that all the needles spin wround like mad as if my plane was rolling and spinning wildly out of control. The only correct reading i get is the digital number on the altimeter, that one shows believable values. Can someone guide me through setting this up correctly?

Thanks in advance! Cheers Fabian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to make sure that both computers run the same Windows Regional/Language setting.

thank you, it`s working now. In fact, the gauges run even smoother than before. I don`t know if it`s because of the network or the newer version, but anyway it`s great.

Cheers,

Fabian

Hi, sorry to add to an older thread here, but I have the exact same problem.

I've adjusted the regional/language settings on both PCs to make them the exact same, but the problem prevails.

The laptop running the latest Panel Builder (downloaded yesterday) is a Win 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit computer, while the computer running X-Plane 10.45 (updated yesterday) is a Win 7 Home computer. Both are now set on the Netherlands and Dutch language. Mind you, I'm using Vistalizator on the Win 7 machine to force it to English language when I use Multi Crew Experience to fly. I thought that might have something to do with. Or should both PCs be running completely the same Windows versions?

Sorry if I overlooked something obvious. Your help is much appreciated.

Well I'll be... :)

Solved it.

Turns out there was still one tiny setting under the Regional/Language Setting (on Number notation - specifically the decimal sign and number grouping symbol to use) that wasn't synchronized across the two PCs. Once I got that identical and restarted X-Plane, everything worked perfectly.

Congrats on a truly awesome piece of software!