Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

UnableTo Use FSX

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I have weird problem now. My FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 in Windows 7 Professional always freezes 2 minutes after take off as seen on the error message below:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Hang Signature: f7fc

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

Additional Hang Signature 2: a500

Additional Hang Signature 3: a500f613cd82315a1a89ca2a82b07dda

Additional Hang Signature 4: f7fc

Additional Hang Signature 5: f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

Additional Hang Signature 6: a500

Additional Hang Signature 7: a500f613cd82315a1a89ca2a82b07dda

Any assistance to fix it would be appreciated. I am unable to use FSX now!!! I tried to fix it by using FSX CDs's automatic repair function but it did not fix the problem.

I need my FSX back badly or otherwise I will miss many Vatsim events!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I see you had a similar problem back in April with the same freeze and error.  Were you using VATSIM when these freezes occurred?  I have seen problems with FSInn, VPilot, and Squawkbox in the past.  Communications with your system and VATSIM.  If you were using VATSIM, does the same problem occur w/o using VATSIM?  Could be a clue...

Follow the guidance in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 9, How to fix most crashes.  See link in my signature.  You want to bring fsx back to the default and rebuild the fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg and not load any of the modules in the dll.xml. If you want to still fly the PMDG 777 (for instance), you can disable all of the other modules in the dll.xml and just run the PMDG module.  Your objective is to investigate "the scene of the crime".  Only you can do this and the AVSIM CTD Guide provides the tools and instructions. 

Your error reports provides absolutely no clue as the the cause of your apphang other than your application froze.  Think about what you did before these freezes occurred.  Did you install a new security update using Windows Update?  Did you install a new scenery or aircraft?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim!!

Nice to meet you!!

You are absolutely correct that I had same problem 2 months ago that I fixed successfully by deleting

custom made AI package that was main cause for the problem 2 months ago and then FSX performed flawlessly and perfectly for next 40 flights until last night when it suddenly froze three times in single flight..

The weird part is that last night and tonight, I tested FSX many times WITHOUT vatsim and WITHOUT sqwkbx and it had freeze

problem 3 minutes after take off. So I ruled out vatsim and sqwkbox. Do not know why it causes freeze..

Did not install anything or modify anything!!

Am checking your CTD guide via your link now.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Your error reports provides absolutely no clue as the the cause of your apphang other than your application froze.  Think about what you did before these freezes occurred.  Did you install a new security update using Windows Update?  Did you install a new scenery or aircraft?

The interesting thing is that before last night, my FSX always averages 12% C.P.U and between 300,000k and 500,000k in memory private setting. Since last night, FSX averages 26% C.P.U. and 1,050,000k in memory private setting. Wondering why???

signCopy.jpg

Something changed last night. Restore to an earlier restore point and see what happens.

Cheers!

Luke

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Something changed last night. Restore to an earlier restore point and see what happens.

Luke, Are you same guy from Vatsim forums?

Anyway, the problem is the stupid system restore of Windows 7 Professional does not give me choice to pick specific date to go back before. I want to use system restore to go back to last Thursday which was the last day for problem free FSX flying!!!!

signCopy.jpg

Anyway, the problem is the stupid system restore of Windows 7 Professional does not give me choice to pick specific date to go back before. I want to use system restore to go back to last Thursday which was the last day for problem free FSX flying!!!!

That's odd - when I looked at system restore it gave me two restore points to choose from and the date/times of each. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, but I expect the interface should be similar. What does your interface look like?

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Luke,

My restore method is like this link meaning I get no date choice that I want. All I want is to pick 5/12/16 and

it offers 5/14/16 which I do NOT want.

signCopy.jpg

Okay okay latest news I deleted logbook files from FSX, used FSX's CDs' automatic repair to see if they can be fixed, and then I deleted FSX.cfg while saving my FSX settings which resulted into FSX creating new fsx.cfg. Then I put back my own settings into FSX. I managed to a successful completed testing flight on FSX using Vatsim. The C.P.U. has returned to normal range of 15 percent BUT WHAT TROUBLES ME is that it averages too high 1,250,000k in memory private setting compared to my FSX's normal average between 300,000k and 500,000k in memory private setting before the problem started. Wondering why??? Anybody can help me figure out how to get back to normal average of memory private setting???

bm2_2_zpsg2wbmvta.jpg

signCopy.jpg