Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

How to fix night time issue v3.2

So I have always flown in the daytime and decided to try a nighttime flight and discovered that the cockpit is way too dark. I can't see anything in the VC at all. Is there a way to fix this?

Kevin Humphryes

Did you turn on the panel lights?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Which aircraft? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Pmdg 737. Also in Carenado CJ2

I can't even see the controls to even turn battery on

Kevin Humphryes

Pmdg 737. Also in Carenado CJ2

I can't even see the controls to even turn battery on

We need a vFlashlight, don't we.  What's the button to turn on batteries?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The switch on overhead panel

I meant the keystroke.  Maybe try "Shift M" (master battery) then "L" (lights).

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

My point being is that I should have to use a keystroke. I should be able to pan around the VC and turn on the switches. The VC is solid black.

Kevin Humphryes

We need a vFlashlight, don't we.  What's the button to turn on batteries?

Great idea. Is there a flashlight.dll out there?

Yeah don't think there is a tool for a flashlight like in x plane. There is FSlabs Spotlight. I have it as my cockpit lighting and I love it. Like I said to not a flashlight but you could make a light to act as a flashlight.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

LOL - yep - been there - trying to find the darn light switch in the dark can be hard...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The PC-12 has a bright white VC light so I replaced the VC light in the CJ2 with the one from the PC-12 and also added a couple more down lower where they light up the panel better. If you have the PC-12 installed you can replace the [Lights] section with this:

[lights]
light.0 = 10, 12.50, 0.00, 3.00, fx_vclightcarpcd
light.1 = 10, 14.0, -1.60, 1.50, fx_vclightcarpcd
light.2 = 10, 14.0, 1.60, 1.50, fx_vclightcarpcd

If you don't have the PC-12 you can replace fx_vclightcarpcd with fx_vclight which is a default effect and also fairly bright. This is the light you turn on by clicking the blue lens above you near the cabin curtain.

Jim

The best way I have found is to make sure you know where the dome light is towards the front of the rear overhead. As soon as I get power, I go back there and set it to Dim and then continue on. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Are you using any shaders (Reshade, Shade, etc)? HDR on? I always found it to be way too bright at night with default P3D!!  I use Reshade and have a day and night setting.  Only then did it get pretty dark.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yes using Sweetfx FILOU s setting from Orbx forums and using RealismShaderPack from Prepar3d forum here.

Kevin Humphryes