Sign in to follow this  
1Revenger1

General questions about the MD-11

The PMDG MD-11 can't handle restrictions that are entered as a below altitude. What you need to do is clear BLM and then reenter BLM and see if the altitude calculated by the FMS is below 20000. If it is, you are okay. If not you may need to start the descent early so that you will be below 20000 ft. I had this trip me up on a couple of STARS into KMEM that have waypoints with altitude restriction above and below certain altitudes.

I don't remember the exact problem this caused, but when I clicked on the airport, I had to clear everything that was entered by the STAR and then click on the transition prior to the airport. Everything was okay then. The route from the waypoint prior to the STAR to the airport was just like it appeared on the charts.

Alright, I didn't know that and it does not say in the tutorial or anywhere else as far as I know. That might be part of a lot of my problems :P.

Thanks everyone for the help, and btw, for my 2nd question, I think it is because I was pressing PROF before takeoff causing possible some things to go wonky. If I arm PROF before takeoff, does it make a difference?

Edit: Just took out of KORD heading to RJAA, and everything has gone exceed-ling well so far. Let's just see what happens during descent :P. I've also figured out that I can put multiple flightlevels in at once and it will step climb up to them throughout the flight!

Alright, I didn't know that and it does not say in the tutorial or anywhere else as far as I know.
Did you expect PMDG to say something is wrong with FMS they developed?

If I arm PROF before takeoff, does it make a difference?
No. I arm NAV, AUTOFLIGHT, and PROF on the ground before takeoff most of the time.

Did you expect PMDG to say something is wrong with FMS they developed?

No. I arm NAV, AUTOFLIGHT, and PROF on the ground before takeoff most of the time.

I guess that's true, never really thought about it that way, although I wonder how the bug didn't crop up during their testing of the FMS?