Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

OK..I have to ask.

>Each has its charms.>Competition is good for consumers, it increases the quality>while keeping the price down.>>Noone forces you to buy them all, if you do so it's your>choice and yours alone.>>Or are you trying (like someone else did a while ago) to>create some agency where addon developers have to apply for>permission to create addons on pain of not being allowed to>publish them?>Sort of GosPlan (the old Soviet economic planning agency),>complete with 5 year plans?I don't think that is where he is coming from on this; he would like to see other birds that have not been addressed as well as the B737 has been. Personally so would I, but since I have the PDMG-NG series I see no need for ME personally to add any other 737's to my hanger deck. unless they are the older 737-300-500 class and only if they are done at the LDS-PDMG level of expertise.

I guess you guys never heard of Eaglesoft... They've already done a great Premier and are currently working on a Sovereign. If their birds aren't what you

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

All Im saying is that the market appears saturated for this flavor of airplane. What if all car manufacturers only produced 4 door sedans and they all looked the same? kind of boring dont you think? I just wonder why a payware group would devote such effort to a saturated market. I thought this about the DC-3 as well. Free choice of course and I am not criticizing anybodys right to enjoy whatevers available.Im just glad Aerosim finally produced a Lockheed L-1011!And to think we still dont have a payware quality Lockheed L-188 Electra yet!eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I was a main advocate of PSS updateing their A320 series but sadly that never happened. It's sad Boeing has been the object of so much attention in our community when we have an alternative with Airbus.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

<<<<<>>>>>>>>Who? Who? The only payware group I know of is MAAM-SIM - and they are not payware as such, in that all money raised goes to restoration funds of the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum, not into any of the developers' pockets. The MAAM-SIM R4D, originally freeware, was developed long before MS introduced the default FS9 DC-3, but indeed has been rebuilt for FS9. There is no comparison with the default, the MAAM-SIM lady is streets ahead. So do you know of one that I do not, Eric? For a DC-3 nut, that would be exciting news! <<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>You will, Eric, you will, thanks once again to the Japanese ...MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href='http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html' target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

>but neither do many of the real aircraft in question.You are poorly informed (as typical). All airplanes in "question" mentioned above do have FMCs. But additon of FMCs alone would not necessarily put them in the same league with PMDG or LDS. This topic has been beatup up here fairly extensively I do not intend to get it reignited.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

There are indeed a lot of 737s around. But as far as complete FS9 packages go, there aren't that many. Count PMDG, Ariane and the upcoming Feelthere (not NG), that's about it.I got hooked on 737 because of PMDG and I think that's the case for most 737 fans. An excellent FS addon always transforms into the community's favorite plane. I bet when a nice 777 comes out you'll see the whole community rushing into that aircraft as well.For the same reason, Boeings are more popular than airbuses in the sim world. The top airliner addons are all Boeings. I don't go out there and collect all available 737s. I'd rather call myself a PMDG 737 fan than a 737 fan.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest ap9dm1

In real life - I prefer Airbus. Alas, in FS9, PMDG and Level-D flying the Boeing flag are hard to beat. And that is a shame for bus flyers.Still, when you have developers like we have, it's difficult to complain too much!____________________________________________AMD64 3400+ATi Radeon 9800SE 256MB (softmod to 9800 PRO)2 X 512Mb DDR333 Kingston RAM 200Gb Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200 HDD(x32 XP SP2 Home)40GB Hitachi SATA 7200 HDD (x64 XP Pro)Abit AV8 Pro moboSony DVD-ROMLG DVD-RW"How wide the limits stand, between a splendid and a happy land"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg[/img]

The reason payware designers model Boeing over Airbus, is that Boeing is more open in providing detailed specs to the developers, then Airbus. Atleast that is the reason given by PMDG. As you know PMDG only develops aircraft, that it can model with a high degree of accuracy, without the data provided on the 737NG and 744 from Boeing this would not be possible. Airbus on the other hand for what ever reason is reluctant to release this data on their aircraft. Until that changes, I don't think you will see many if any Airbuses modelled to the level of PMDG, or LDS standards.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest adl320

So really, we need to get on Airbus to start opening up a but, eh? They may often be selling more airplanes per month than Boeing in the real world, but in the sim world, Boeing is trumping them all over the place!Seriously though, I have a huge amount of respect for both Boeing and Airbus aircraft, tending more towards the Airbus family. But PMDG changed my sim flying experiences, and my level of expectations in payware sims forever. As many, I hold nearly ALL of my add-on payware standards to PMDG and Level-D standards. Period. Fact is, If there were REALLY good UPDATED A3xx aircraft out there, I'd be all over them and would probably only fly the 727, 767, and 747 from the Boeing Steed. I used to exclusively fly PSS's 'Busses but quite frankly, got very bored with them after PMDG and Level-D.As much as I've grown fond of the NG 737's, from flying them like crazy with SWA, we simply MUST have some quality Airbus aircraft out there soon. Perhaps along with the limited data support from Airbus, developers are hesitant to take these birds on because of the very different design philosophy on Airbus with the FBW and protection envelopes and all. To me, and as a frequent traveller on both types, The A320 series are roomier and much quieter inside than the 737-NG. As a pilot, I'm not even going to go there because the debates would rage for days!! I say, Bring on the Airbus! Competition is Good!

Guest flight78

Yep yep the reason the 737 has been done SO much is the fact that its SO much easier to model then an Airbus which has an eqvilent aircraft type which = A321/320/319/318. Airbus not cooperating sucks I agree. I hope this will change in the future but iam not gona hold my breath.Best regards.Alexander

>>For the same reason, Boeings are more popular than airbuses in>the sim world. The top airliner addons are all Boeings. I>don't go out there and collect all available 737s. I'd rather>call myself a PMDG 737 fan than a 737 fan.>>JasonI agree, I'm a B737 fan because of the PDMG rendition of it. If they would have done the Triple 7(which is my personal favorite for some unknown reason to me)I'd be a big time B777 fan flying it almost exclusively; except for the occasional bush flying break...I'm one of the guys that enjoy big iron tremdously, but can also spend months flying nothing but GA and a hop in my CitationX to get to my next bush flying spot. :-)

Guest ThrottleUp

Interesting observation...and its true :) Admittedly I am a bit of a 737 nut mruahaha. Like many people its the plane I have flown on most commercially (right from the days of the stovepipe -200). While you are correct about there being many 737s for FS9 I agree with the other poster who said it provides competition. And it also provides a *range* of flavours to suit everyone.For example you can get the freeware Kittyhawks. Or go a step up (a cheap step!) to the 50N models which are very well done judging by the screenshots. And then you can go "Pro" by getting PMDG or Ariane. Something for everyone!...even poor students :)---->On a sidenote I personally have never understood the Boeing vs. Airbus thing :) To me they are two companies that *both* make amazing flying machines. Aluminum & composite tubes with wings attached churn out from plants in the USA and in Europe and they have "Airbus" and "Boeing" written on them and these spark supercharged debates on forums hee hee. Ok their flightdeck "philosophy" is different but to me they are on a level field :)

I've always loved the 737 in all its guises.I purchased the Dreamfleet -400 when it was first released (well, actually a few months later because I didn't initially have the hardware to run it but that was soon rectified).I purchased the PMDG -800 when that was released standalone (don't like the -600 and -700 for some reason).I'm not going for the Ariane ones because they're too expensive to my taste, but I'm waiting in anticipation for DF to show me the classic they're working on (hint hint Lou :)).I've tried a lot of freeware ones but couldn't be warmed to them, too spoiled with DF and PMDG I guess.Airbus never really appealed to me. I like the PSS one, but that was mainly a stopgap between the DF and PMDG options.In fact I initially purchased it mainly to see what the negative comments were all about as I knew from experience that PSS makes quality. I'm still wondering today after flying the aircraft for over 500 hours in FS2002 and 2004 EACH and I don't even like Airbusses :)What I really want though is older stuff. The -200 would be great, a -300 too.There's way too much focus on glass this, automatic that. I program computers for a living, why program a computer inside a computer program to fly my aircraft for me?