Sign in to follow this  
newtie

spot view sling shot

Hi all-

I have a new, odd issue.

Running P3D3.2.3

When in spot view, my aircraft (Milviz B58) will zoom forward and then fall back into place on an erratic basis. I had Opus installed a few weeks back and noted that when entering spot view running that software, spot view would always default to the rear of the aircraft. I have since stopped using it and removed it. Did Opus leave an altered camera definition behind? If so, is there a way to reset default camera definitions? I'm guessing here but have never had this problem before.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi all-

I have a new, odd issue.

Running P3D3.2.3

When in spot view, my aircraft (Milviz B58) will zoom forward and then fall back into place on an erratic basis. I had Opus installed a few weeks back and noted that when entering spot view running that software, spot view would always default to the rear of the aircraft. I have since stopped using it and removed it. Did Opus leave an altered camera definition behind? If so, is there a way to reset default camera definitions? I'm guessing here but have never had this problem before.

Cheers,

Mark

Not Opus does it here also and for the life of me I can figure out why its doing it - opus not loaded here and its actually not an addon as far as I know I have had this problem with a factory install so leads me to think its a P3D issue - thats where I would start - I posted this in LM forums but no answers to this problem - it happens on factory aircraft also especially in the 300 extra - you figure this one out you win the prize

Rich Sennett

What category did you post under, Rich?

I'll follow up with a post of my own. Can you post support tickets over there?

Cheers,

Mark

What category did you post under, Rich?

I'll follow up with a post of my own. Can you post support tickets over there?

Cheers,

Mark

P3D Client heading- thats where most questions go I guess - no tickets just post in forum - good luck i had none on this - been happening since version 2.5 here - a video would help as know one really knows what I am talking about - it may have something to do with when you change the hrd settings seems to act up more when you do that but not sure cant put my finger on it

Forum link

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312&sid=c11be3014a31f442b0c7a9a939c9ca34

Rich Sennett

Normal Spot view vs Locked Spot view?  Press the "S" key once followed by the "A" key. 

Todd

Remember that ANY change in speed or direction will cause this effect. A gust of wind, pull the nose up, etc. Main reason why I always use locked spot

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Remember that ANY change in speed or direction will cause this effect. A gust of wind, pull the nose up, etc. Main reason why I always use locked spot

Vic

I cant stand locked view  :wink: it was never a problem in 2.4 but since the folder structure change in 2.5 and there after it has been a problem

Anyway looks like no responses over at the LM forum - figured that as I didnt get anywhere when I asked the question also - doesnt do it all the time so something is triggering it - I just haven't figured it out yet

Rich Sennett

I cant stand locked view

That puzzles me, Rich - the only difference between spot and locked spot is that you don't get the zooming and motion effect. Everything else is exactly the same.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That puzzles me, Rich - the only difference between spot and locked spot is that you don't get the zooming and motion effect. Everything else is exactly the same.

Vic

True Vic - just doesnt have that wild and free feel to it Buddy :wink: maybe I just have to get used to it but again was not an issue until 2.5 came out - funny thats when the folder structure changed - may or may not be related throwing crap against the wall here Vic - have super day   :dance:

Rich Sennett

Happens to me on normal spot view.

OK and it should.

True Vic - just doesnt have that wild and free feel to it Buddy :wink: maybe I just have to get used to it but again was not an issue until 2.5 came out - funny thats when the folder structure changed - may or may not be related throwing crap against the wall here Vic - have super day   :dance:

The two different spot views have existed since FSX.  You don't like the zooming effect on the normal spot view and you don't like the locked spot view.  I'm confused.

Todd

You don't like the zooming effect on the normal spot view and you don't like the locked spot view.

You're missing what our problem is.

By zooming, Rich and I are referring to the aircraft in non-locked spot view shooting forward maybe 500-1000 feet at random intervals and then it settles back to the center of the screen. I, like Rich, have never seen this behavior either in FSX or P3D.

OK and it should.

The two different spot views have existed since FSX.  You don't like the zooming effect on the normal spot view and you don't like the locked spot view.  I'm confused.

Todd

You're missing what our problem is.

By zooming, Rich and I are referring to the aircraft in non-locked spot view shooting forward maybe 500-1000 feet at random intervals and then it settles back to the center of the screen. I, like Rich, have never seen this behavior either in FSX or P3D.

Exactly Newtie - why should I have to use a another method when the one I have been using for 20 years was fine  :wink:

Rich Sennett