Sign in to follow this  
Lewicide

v 2.0 out

Any impressions so far

Have downloaded but not installed yet changelog very general.

This is funny...  I finally purchased the DA42 yesterday, saw it was V2.0, and didn't think anything of it.

I only flew it for about an hour or so, can't say I noticed any gripes, but I'm also not familiar with the aircraft, so probably wouldn't notice anything unless it was glaring.  I can report I had no issues, everything that I used worked the way it should have, and generally enjoyed it!  I only came to the forum to check out the past complaints - to see what I'd overlooked!

Mark

Anyone figure out how to turn on the new weather radar yet? I don't see it in the manual or map menu.

Purported to have a Bendix King KFC-225 on their site which doesn't seem right. Good news is it seems to actually be fitted with a KAP-140 which is more appropriate pre GFC700.

The included docs are for the KFC-225...  Which is I guess is par for the Carenado/Alabeo course where the limit always seems to to be the lower portion of the sky :blink:

Handsome bird though. Always appreciated the design. I'm sure I'll get my $35 worth of use.

Skyscraper

Anyone figure out how to turn on the new weather radar yet? I don't see it in the manual or map menu.

What new Weather Radar?  I got the screen up..but no indication it was working....

Can someone give me an honest opinion about v. 2.0? Were some of the bugs in v.1.0 corrected?
I read some literature about this aircraft and most of threads on AVSIM. Official reviews are all very positive, instead there were conflicting opinions within this community and even some bickering among users.

Thanks in advance.

The wx radar works you just need appropriate clouds around. Select the Thunderstorm scenario and you'll see them.

I'm new to this one and I have to say that I don't like the twitchy flight dynamics. I wouldn't mind if performance matched Pilot reports but everything seems underpowered.

As usual the Carenado G1000's mathematics are all wrong and don't provide accurate range information.

Oxygen is not simulated and the use of the additional fuel tanks is wrongly modeled although transfer buttons are provided.

Overall 6/10

How do you get the Wx radar to work? Scrolled through to the Wx radar page, but doesnt scan or show any results. 

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

How do you get the Wx radar to work? Scrolled through to the Wx radar page, but doesnt scan or show any results. 

You need to have active weather being injected into the Sim via ASN or REX, etc.

Works very well when you do.

I'm currently flying around the World in this little bird twin.

As I go I'm tuning the .cfg to better reflect the DA-42 VI

IMHO this is one of the truly great aircraft that have ever been developed for Sims - but, it takes a bit of tweaking and work behind the scenes.

10,000 Miles in to my trip (with only another 12,000 Miles to go!) and I'm not far off having exact RW performance from this magnificent little bird. And yes, I've flown the real thing several times so I have reference Datum.

Make sure you've got the update to Version 2 - it's a very major update from the original.

When I complete my trip I'll make available my aircraft.cfg if anyone's interested.

Clear Skies.

When I complete my trip I'll make available my aircraft.cfg if anyone's interested.
Clear Skies.

Definitely interested here.

Looking forward any improvements you can provide.

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

If anyone from Alabeo is reading this...there are many bugs to be corrected even with v2.0.

The Deicing system is incorrect
The ECU switch doesn't work (It is actually the most important system on the entire aircraft as part of the before departure checklist)
Some aspects of the electrical system is also incorrect.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

18 hours ago, Caribpilot said:

If anyone from Alabeo is reading this...there are many bugs to be corrected even with v2.0.

The Deicing system is incorrect
The ECU switch doesn't work (It is actually the most important system on the entire aircraft as part of the before departure checklist)
Some aspects of the electrical system is also incorrect.

Neither the De-ice or ECU swaps are simulated - even though the switches and lights are there - I guess they decided to model but not simulate them for cockpit accuracy. You can however, include the ECU swap procedure in your After Start Checklist if you want. I de-ice when conditions warrant it. Pump 1 and 2 both work and make noise. You just don't get to see the fluid on the windscreen.

What part of the electronics are incorrect?

AHRS seems to be connected to the Stby instruments and there are other deficiencies with how the avionics work. I guess we shouldn't expect a fully realistic aircraft but it could have been better.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I've done my tweak of the aircraft.cfg now after flying 20,000 miles around the World!

If anyone's interested in trying it out PM me for a link.

It ups the power quite a lot - you can achieve level flight a few knots  down from Vne. I tweaked the cruise scalars and thrust and drag.

Bear in mind that with just you in the cockpit you need no where near full power on TO - as in real IV. You and three passengers and a load of luggage - full power.

Power should be applied on gaining altitude to give you realisitic KIAS's/ fuel consumption at cruise heights with power set between 70 - 82 %.

Obviously don't forget to backup your original aircraft.cfg (rename it something like aircraftBACKUP.cfg) and substitute this one.

And the usual: Use at your own risk. Although it works well for me on my own system I take no responsibility for your use of this file, any damage caused or financial loss.