Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

v2.0.0.26: "AI Traffic awareness"?

Hi there, congrats again for the amazing speed this product is taking shape. I can't wait for final release.

Could the developer please elaborate and explain a bit what is the "AI Traffic awareness" built in release v2.0.0.26?

Does it mean that now runway assignments and takeoff/landing clearances take into account the movements of existing (not controlled by P2A) AI traffic?

That would be a great thing!

Thanks

Hi Folks,

At a minimum - would love to see some ATC program replicate the functionality of "AI Smooth" - it sure went a long way to improve operations near airports and we lost it with P3D - it's sorely missed...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This is really just a baby step at this point. 

Before this, regardless of traffic waiting to take off or on final, P2A would clear you onto the runway as soon as you reported you are ready for departure.  This could easily result in you driving through or around ground traffic and traffic on final landing on top of you if you pulled blindly onto the runway.

Now, when you arrive at the departure hold point, it advises you if there are aircraft in front of you, waits until they have cleared and also checks final approach to be sure you have at least 2 minutes of open time before it clears you onto the runway.

On landing, it will advise you of what number you are for landing if traffic is ahead of you on final.

Hope this clarifies,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sounds promising - sir...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This is really just a baby step at this point. 

Before this, regardless of traffic waiting to take off or on final, P2A would clear you onto the runway as soon as you reported you are ready for departure.  This could easily result in you driving through or around ground traffic and traffic on final landing on top of you if you pulled blindly onto the runway.

Now, when you arrive at the departure hold point, it advises you if there are aircraft in front of you, waits until they have cleared and also checks final approach to be sure you have at least 2 minutes of open time before it clears you onto the runway.

On landing, it will advise you of what number you are for landing if traffic is ahead of you on final.

Hope this clarifies,

Dave

That sounds fantastic, Dave. Thanks.

Will that work with any third-party add on injecting AI traffic in FSX? For example, I am currently using UT2.

It would be great to hear back reports from users who actually see all this in action.

It works with any traffic reported by the SIM to FSUIPC, so it depends.  I do know that many of the 3rd party AI generators produce AI Traffic that is visible to FSUIPC and therefore P2A, but I don't know which ones do or what the settings have to be.

Regards,

Dave

It works with any traffic reported by the SIM to FSUIPC, so it depends.  I do know that many of the 3rd party AI generators produce AI Traffic that is visible to FSUIPC and therefore P2A, but I don't know which ones do or what the settings have to be.

Regards,

Dave

OK, i didn't know that FSUIPC could "read" the traffic conditions, as I only use it to program my switches and controls. 

Does anybody here know which AI Traffic add ons can report traffic status to FSUIPC?

I think this would be good information for Dave, to put in a future manual or Q&A page in support of his product.

Thanks!