Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Heads Up for new UT Canada/Alaska Upgrade!

If you have not noticed it yet, yesterday there was a version 1.2 upgrade link posted under the flight one/Ultimate Terrain forum which cures the crash to desktop problems if Railroads are enabled.Happy flying:RTH

That's great... I just got done patching to 1.1 and installing the landclass fix yesterday. Really, yesterday. Here we go again ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest ScottPilot

I git mine three days ago. Uninstalled version 1.0 and installed the new version.Don't really notice any differences between this version (1.2) and version 1.0.I guess that's because it is such a good product!Scott :-)

Guest bobsk8

Well I did the small patch for the USA that brings it up to version 1.2. That took a few seconds to do once I figured out that I didn't have to download the entire 1 gig file. Now to the UT Canada, uninstalling and reinstalling...... don't think so.... Mine works OK now, so I decided if it's not broken, keep fixing it till it breaks or something like that... I'm staying with what I got.... :)

I just purchased UT USA and Love it!! Sure I can't fly longer than a few hours because of strange bugs with my game that started before I installed this... but WOW!!!!! amazing. The night lights flash through clouds sometimes which looks a little odd, but in general it is fantastic

>That's great... I just got done patching to 1.1 and>installing the landclass fix yesterday. Really, yesterday. >Here we go again ;).Moi ici.New hard drive, ahh well. I think I will be spending the better part of a week installing all my MSFS add-on's.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Hello Bob:In general I would usually agree with you. May be system specific, but judging by other posts, I kind of doubt it. I fear you may be in for a surprise somewhere along the line.I discovered after flying all the way across Canada that I had a crash to desktop. It was discovered that if railroads were enabled, this happened at certain locations in Canada or Alaska. Others confirmed this problem. If per chance you do not have railroads enabled, this is purely academic. The problem only appeared after fall seasonal textures were activated.The new version cures this problem. I shut down other programs including the firewall and antivirus, removed UT Canada/Alaska by both the included removal Icon plus windows program removal provisions and installed the new version with no problem at all. Enabled all provisions including railrads in my utitlity window and tried the exact problem spot again (Listed in another post here and on the UT forum under my name). No crash to desk top, no problems.Good luck:RTH

Guest bobsk8

>Hello Bob:>>In general I would usually agree with you. >>May be system specific, but judging by other posts, I kind of>doubt it. I fear you may be in for a surprise somewhere along>the line.>>I discovered after flying all the way across Canada that I had>a crash to desktop. It was discovered that if railroads were>enabled, this happened at certain locations in Canada or>Alaska. Others confirmed this problem. If per chance you do>not have railroads enabled, this is purely academic. The>problem only appeared after fall seasonal textures were>activated.>>The new version cures this problem. I shut down other programs>including the firewall and antivirus, removed UT Canada/Alaska>by both the included removal Icon plus windows program removal>provisions and installed the new version with no problem at>all. Enabled all provisions including railrads in my utitlity>window and tried the exact problem spot again (Listed in>another post here and on the UT forum under my name). No crash>to desk top, no problems.>>Good luck:>RTHI was worried about the uninstall issue, since there is so much involved with UT and the patches for Misty Fjords. From reading the UT Forum, yesterday and today, I see people are still having crashes with the RR turned on, even after installing 1.2. In addition, they are telling users to search the directories in case the uninstall left remnents of the older version, and the Misty Fjords patch has to be redone yada, yada, yada,I haven't had any crashes yet, so I think I will wait and see if it becomes a problem, and go from there.

Hello again Bob:Patience (which I lack severely) is nearly always a good thing. I envy your wisdom.I only checked out the trouble spot I discovered which I mentioned in my initial reply. It sure cured the crash to desktop problem for me at that location anyway, WITH railroads enabled and which occured 100% of the time. I confess that I don't know for sure that this works at all other locations, but will be very surprised with displeasure if it doesn't.If you would like to try a flight on the same location to see if there is any potential problem with your current installation, slew about 50 miles DME west of YYD on J510 and move west along the path described from my flight as follows:Flight: Flying from KLWB to PASI, 63 DME from YYD and 133 DME to YZP on J510, I repeatedly had a CTD in the Eaglesoft Citation at 40,000 feet. Best of luck with whatever decision you make:RTHEdit: Again a reminder: the problem only exists with fall textures and railroads enabled. The new version has cured this CTD problem for me thus far at least.