Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Ultimate Traffic 2 invalid license issue

Appears one file associated with Ultimate Traffic 2, utii.dll, very recently got identified by Windows Defender and quarantined. That is causing UT2 to present an invalid license notification and then it refuses to start.  There is detail about it in the Ultimate Traffic forum on the Flight1 support site.  Expect you need to be registered there to gain access.

Also expect that the issue may be more widespread than Windows Defender as it is pulling from an industry wide antivirus database. In short you must find the file in your respective AV program's quarantine folder and trust, release, or restore it, depending on how your AV program works in that respect.

Restoring the file worked to fix the issue for me. 

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14247&title=flight-one-software-and-windows-defender

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Nice tip Frank. Thanks.   -   Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thanks Doug.  

Appreciated.  Took me more time than I liked to track down the issue and the resolution, so thought it would be good to pass it on with more visibility.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

this also happened to me yesterday as well.

It happened to me again today. Appears that until the signature of the file gets removed from the AV database I must release it from quarantine each time I plan to use it.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Strange  I  had  only  had  to do it  once   running  mse  here  but  that could  change  tomorrow :0

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Found out with Defender how to not only release it from quarantine but also exclude the file from future scrutiny. 

Frank Patton
ASUS 

You actually should exclude the whole FSX folder from being scanned.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello,

I would appreciate some kind advice please, as I have been trying to get help from Flight One and frustratingly, support response times are 24 hours plus between emails.

This problem popped out of the blue this week. I was advised by UT2 support to seek the UTii.DLL in my anti virus software (Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 in my case). While looking there for UTii.DLL unsuccessfully, I discovered Trojan:win32/dynammer!ac in quarantine history, flagged as a 'Serious Risk' and so promptly deleted it. 

I subsequently discovered from a UT2 forum post that apparently UTii.DLL was in my MS Security Essentials quarantine history after all - but  it was apparently called Trojan:win32/dynammer!ac !!

Unfortunately, I was told to look for UTii.DLL in Quarantine not Trojan:win32/dynammer!acwas, so as a result of my precipitous (if perhaps excusable) action, for me UTii.DLL is now lost.

In light of the absence of a timely response from UT2 support, any advice on how I can recover this situation would be much appreciated please? I have Googled any way to recover the deletion, but without success. Does this mean a re-install - any alternative? 

Thanks for your advice in hopeful anticipation.

Andrew

think you  got  2  options unless  some  one  else   has  a better  idea is  to  do a uninstall/  re install of  ut2   remove  the ut2  from your pc  including  any left  over  file  etc  and  do  a re install

2nd      is  try  doing  a restore  option  to  a earlier  date   when you had  this  issue  but  you might  find  doing this  way  causes  more  issues  than  its  worth  maybe  some  one  else  can  chime  in on this  one

or last  don't  know  if  its there  or  not  have  you checked  your  recycle  bin  just by off  chance  its  there  probably  not  though  just a thought

when you do  get  it  running  make sure  you exclude  the  flight one  folder   in your  av  scan

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg