Sign in to follow this  
thomamaxi

PMDG777 Xplane

Hello,

Please forgive me if this has been covered somewhere and I have missed it. I currenty have Prepar3d and would like to shift to Xplane. However, before I do. I would like to know if anyone knows if PMDG plan to make their 777 available for Xplane?

Thank you

Paul

Yes, someone knows. :P

You are welcome!

Jan

PS: But I doubt he is reading this forum or would answer your question at this time...

• Upvote 1

You already have a sophisticated 737-300 available for X-Plane 10 : iXEG 737 Classic...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You already have a sophisticated 737-300 available for X-Plane 10 : iXEG 737 Classic...

He's asking about a 777 not a 737. There is though also the Flight Factor 777.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I would like to know if anyone knows if PMDG plan to make their 777 available for Xplane?

If they ever do, it will be a long while before we see it.

Like previously stated, IXEG offers a study level aircraft 737-300 which is phenomenal. There are others of course like the Flight Factor 777 but I don't own it and so I can't comment.

If you ever decide to shift, we are here to help with the transition.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I quoted Mister RR on another thread saying that the plan is to progressively port the airliners to X-Plane.

However, think that, first there's the DC-6, then there's the 747... I don't know how much they work "in parallel" or "in series" but I wouldn't expect a PMDG airliner for X-Plane for at least a couple years...

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

From my personal experience none of the FlightFactor offerings are comparable to PMDG products.

The one and only study-sim jetliner available for X-Plane at this time is the previously mentioned IXEG 737-300.

Regards,

Radek

From my personal experience none of the FlightFactor offerings are comparable to PMDG products.

If you think about it, there aren't any offerings for FSX\P3D that compare with PMDG.

NAX669.png

The one and only study-sim jetliner available for X-Plane at this time is the previously mentioned IXEG 737-300.

I don't know at this point how people can continue to say this, with basic systems that any other complex system aircraft addons has are missing, like Holds, TCAS, even final destination Estimated Fuel on Board calculations in the FMC. I'm sure they'll get there, in a future release,  but they are not there yet.

• Upvote 3

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If they ever do, it will be a long while before we see it.

Like previously stated, IXEG offers a study level aircraft 737-300 which is phenomenal. There are others of course like the Flight Factor 777 but I don't own it and so I can't comment.

If you ever decide to shift, we are here to help with the transition.

IXEG is still pretty far behind pmdg imo, they released an unfinished product and everytime there is a problem with a system not working as it should they say they haven't fully modeled it yet.  The fmc is missing holds, fuel prediction, descent winds forecast, rte data, vnav is useless, flch doesnt work right, the autobrake, egt gauges and many other engine parameters are still based on the default xplane model and as a  result display very inaccurate values.  Not even close to a pmdg product.  Unfortunately I fell for the hype and bought this product, hoping they fix it someday.

• Upvote 3

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I don't know at this point how people can continue to say this, with basic systems that any other complex system aircraft addons has are missing, like Holds, TCAS, even final destination Estimated Fuel on Board calculations in the FMC. I'm sure they'll get there, in a future release,  but they are not there yet.

Fully agree. Never said IXEG = PMDG. It is just the best you can get for X-Plane right now by far, and in my opinion has a great potential to become even better.

Regards,

Radek

IXEG is still pretty far behind pmdg imo

Sure, pretty far behind in relation to the years PDGM has been in the market (2004) I think...do the math...come on, its IXEG first release. I purchased one of PMDG's first release (B1900c) and with all honesty not being bias here, I think IXEG has done an outstanding job compared.  

I can only imagine what IXEG will be able to accomplish and produce 10 years from now.

By the way, did you purchase any of PMDG's first products by any chance?

Why people keep comparing apples and oranges, instead give these guys  the credit they deserve.

• Upvote 11

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Sure, pretty far behind in relation to the years PDGM has been in the market (2004) I think...do the math...come on, its IXEG first release. I purchased one of PMDG's first release (B1900c) and with all honesty not being bias here, I think IXEG has done an outstanding job compared.  

I can only imagine what IXEG will be able to accomplish and produce 10 years from now.

By the way, did you purchase any of PMDG's first products by any chance?

Why people keep comparing apples and oranges, instead give these guys  the credit they deserve.

I did purchase pmdg's products, back when addons were $24.99.  This was also in the fs9 days, before we even had the leveld 767, which really set the bar for high end simulation.  IXEG charge $74.99 for their unfinished 737, and its 2016.  You compare pc software with the time period, not whether or not it is their first release.  Flight simulation has come a long way since pmdg's b1900, or first 737, and when they released those they were state of the art.  Im not saying pmdg is perfect, its a real shame they did not get the 737 vc dimensions correct, and ixeg is far superior in this regard.  But to pass off the ixeg 737 as a true "study sim" is incorrect at this point.  Instead of me giving them "credit" for an unfinished product, maybe they should credit the $74.99 back to my wallet.        

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Instead of me giving them "credit" for an unfinished product, maybe they should credit the $74.99 back to my wallet.        

lol...right!

Read this before you ask for credit

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v10/

• Upvote 1