Sign in to follow this  
thomamaxi

PMDG777 Xplane

lol...right!

Read this before you ask for credit

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v10/

Do you work for IXEG?  But yeah, I wish I read that before I bought it, based on the videos of the product and what everyone was playing it up to be I expected certain things.  And even though that list is pretty long, there is alot more thats not on that list that is not included or simulated accurately.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Do you work for IXEG?

Nope, I don't, and  I wish I did, they're an amazing group just like PMDG, LES, JRollon and a bunch of others are too.

• Upvote 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

If you think about it, there aren't any offerings for FSX\P3D that compare with PMDG.

Except the Majestic Dash 8 Q400...

• Upvote 4

If you think about it, there aren't any offerings for FSX\P3D that compare with PMDG.

And the VRS Superbug.  Might not be an airliner, but it's as deep of a 1:1 study sim as I'll ever care to learn. :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

But to pass off the ixeg 737 as a true "study sim" is incorrect at this point.

I don't agree.

"Study sim" and "100% complete" are very different things.

The 733 is a study sim in nature. That some FMC functions are missing, doesn't prevent it from being so.

(I'm not too keen of the expression "study sim" anyway, because it tends to imply that for some you need to study and for other you don't, while this is not a black or white thing)

• Upvote 2

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Study Sim = A Simulator where you can simulate being studying for something, like Statistics Inference to teach my daughter.... :-/

I need a study sim, to interleave with my flightsim activities, maybe 80% of the time :-) Puleeeze!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok I'm gonna steer this thread back to the right direction - 

From what I've been reading in these forums - YES - PMDG has said in previous announcements that there will be 3 products from FSX/P3D that they plan to port over to X-Plane:

1. PMDG 737NGX

2. PMDG 777-200LR/F, PMDG 777-300ER

3. PMDG 747-400 v3

To answer your question - yes, the PMDG 777 will eventually make its way to X-Plane. 

In no particular order. None of the legacy products will be ported over. So no MD-11 for example. 

PMDG, if the info is incorrect in some form or there has been some changes, please let me know and I'll correct my post. Thank you! 

• Upvote 1

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Well, well … It was clear that this kind of discussions would arise. Always, when a really good aircraft is published, comments come up “Yes … but PMDG …”, no more discussions are possible and the Holy Grail is safe again. I guess, PMDG didn’t release a list of not (yet?) implemented features by purpose, because customers may think “Oh my god, this is an unfinished aircraft”. And there are always people who are saying, “The last percent is missing, this aircraft is rubbish, dump it”. The 99% seem to be worth nothing. These people watch on this missing 1% like a rabbit confronted to a snake and aren’t able to enjoy the 99% (or they simply want to provoke).

If IXEG had released a list of the features which are implemented (it would have been endless and the aircraft would have been released 6 months later), people probably would fall over oneself, and the majority wouldn’t even notice the missing things.

By the way, the FMS is NOT the most important part of an aircraft, it is like a sat nav in your car to EASE your life. If you want to be really challenged, try to imagine that some features of the FMS failed and yourself has to do the work, or even better: completely use the FMS between your ears.

Finally, please let’s stop these senseless discussions, they don’t lead to anything and back to topic (as Lashrathius said).

• Upvote 9

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

flch doesnt work right, the autobrake, egt gauges and many other engine parameters are still based on the default xplane model and as a  result display very inaccurate values.  

All of these claims are wrong!

- FLCH does work just like the real one and we have not had one single complaint on it by the loads of 737 real pilots that have tried it for over 1000 hrs of block time.

- Autobrake, which I personally gave Austin the documentation on is 737 values.

- We have a 100% custom engine model which is most likely the most accurate jet-model ever made in ANY sim in terms of thrust and drag at all altitudes, mach and temperatures.

The FMC is still missing a few functions as we stated long before release, but will be implemented.  And yes, we had our share of bugs - like everyone else.

• Upvote 15

How about the Jrollon CRJ, does that not have in-depth systems and FMS?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

How about the Jrollon CRJ, does that not have in-depth systems and FMS?

When it was released it was really advanced but this plane, while still nice, has aged quite abit.

It has a custom fmc, but one that has only the normal functions you need for a flight. Nothing comparable to the planes that have been released this year thus far.

Ok I'm gonna steer this thread back to the right direction - 

From what I've been reading in these forums - YES - PMDG has said in previous announcements that there will be 3 products from FSX/P3D that they plan to port over to X-Plane:

1. PMDG 737NGX

2. PMDG 777-200LR/F, PMDG 777-300ER

3. PMDG 747-400 v3

To answer your question - yes, the PMDG 777 will eventually make its way to X-Plane. 

In no particular order. None of the legacy products will be ported over. So no MD-11 for example. 

PMDG, if the info is incorrect in some form or there has been some changes, please let me know and I'll correct my post. Thank you! 

Darn, the PMDG Jetstream 4100 is not on the list (yet) for Xplane10 !

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

All of these claims are wrong!

- FLCH does work just like the real one and we have not had one single complaint on it by the loads of 737 real pilots that have tried it for over 1000 hrs of block time.

- Autobrake, which I personally gave Austin the documentation on is 737 values.

- We have a 100% custom engine model which is most likely the most accurate jet-model ever made in ANY sim in terms of thrust and drag at all altitudes, mach and temperatures.

The FMC is still missing a few functions as we stated long before release, but will be implemented.  And yes, we had our share of bugs - like everyone else.

Morten I recall you mentioning the Autobrake decel values where based on an NG. Are those the same as on a classic?

On the IXEG autobrake being too mellow:

I tested the autobrake at setting "2":

IXEG: 1.44 m/s²   Real 737: 1.52m/s²

This is a 5.5% difference, certainly not the demise of the western civilization as some people claim :smile: .

Jan

• Upvote 3