Sign in to follow this  
swisscathal

Xplane view problems

Hi

Im new to xplane 10 so please excuse my ignorance. I have searched for solutions to this prob but could find nothing.

The issue is when I hop in a plane in xplane and set the 3d cockpit command view I cannot adjust the camera at all. Mouse look doesnt work, the rotate left right etc keys dont work nothing moves the camera. Also when I select this view the camera is low and to the left like the pilot is a nine year old with balance problems.

When I go into free camera view then all the keys and mouselook works again but the translate keys move super fast and the view shoots out of the cockpit with one press of either rotate view key..

Im so frustrated and dont get what im doing wrong. Can anyone help??

Cheers

Cathal

Hi

Im new to xplane 10 so please excuse my ignorance. I have searched for solutions to this prob but could find nothing.

The issue is when I hop in a plane in xplane and set the 3d cockpit command view I cannot adjust the camera at all. Mouse look doesnt work, the rotate left right etc keys dont work nothing moves the camera. Also when I select this view the camera is low and to the left like the pilot is a nine year old with balance problems.

When I go into free camera view then all the keys and mouselook works again but the translate keys move super fast and the view shoots out of the cockpit with one press of either rotate view key..

Im so frustrated and dont get what im doing wrong. Can anyone help??

Cheers

Cathal

Hi Cathal 

Try to go to settings--> rendering options -->and select forward view with 3d cockpit. See if this helps. Another thing is if you have x-camera plugin set for a plane you need to disable it first. Hope this helps a bit.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

hi

thanks for the reply. I checked that and its already selected to forward view with 3d cockpit. I dont have the camera plugin. Im stumped.

hi

thanks for the reply. I checked that and its already selected to forward view with 3d cockpit. I dont have the camera plugin. Im stumped.

What aeroplane are you trying to get the views working for?

Do you have TrackIR connected?  or any other kind of tracking device?

Hi

I did have track it connected. I disconnected it and the cockpit view is at least back in the right place I can look out. Thing is I still cannot move the camera with right mouse click and none of the buttons work. It only moves when I'm in free camera mode. Then it moves really fast with the keys.