Sign in to follow this  
LEAH757

Animated Jetways not working

OK, so admittedly I am VERY late getting to the FSX game, as I only just this year finally built a computer worthy of FSX and moved up from "9".  I am able to run it with all my sliders maxed and still get reasonable frames (20 or better) at even the most-dense add-on airports with my iFly737 or MADDOG MD-80 with the help of all the FSX tweaks here in these forums (thanks, Nick).  However, I am not able to get the animated jetways to "come to me"...EVER.  I've searched all the forums and Google, of course, and many refer to making sure the aircraft.cfg has the proper coding...so I have back-tracked to trying the DEFAULT 737 at several DEFAULT airports, with no luck.  Engines off, doors open, parking brake set, beacon off, seatbelts sign off, loaded the flight from scratch so the plane would be set at the proper spot (still no-go), then fiddled with the parking location...no joy.  The jetways DO go to my AI aircraft when they are at the gate next-door, and I am very envious of them.  So I tried relocating to their gate (because I know that jetway works/moves)...nope, nada, nothing.  Like I stated , I have all my sliders maxed, including advanced animations and airport ground traffic. The cute little push-back tug shows up when it's time to go, and animated loader and bag-cart DO come over to my aircraft when I open the cargo doors, but nothing happens when I press "CONTROL+J".  During my tweaking (be nice), I have edited both the "controls.xml" and FSX.cfg files, and my thought (ok, fear) is that I've possibly lost (ok, deleted) the "Control-J" setting code...however, I looked back at my saved copies (yes, I have them!!) of the originals of both those files from the clean install, and can not locate any reference to "Control+J" or "CNTRL+J" or the like.  If I could find one, I would be able to copy it to my modified files and be good to go.

Sooooo, my question is, does anyone know where the reference to "Control-J" is located and what it may be, so I can see if it's present in my current file?  Is it hard-coded into the game?  A side note...if you look for the coding for "DOORS" (ya know, the SHIFT+E and "SHIFT+E+2" codes) in the xml file, it is not in there either....the only way to change the door settings is in the game itself...but it HAS to be in an edit-able file somewhere....probably right along with the "CONTROL+J" code that I can't find... 

Ideas, help, tea???

Ya gotta check mark in "Advanced Animations"?  Keep in mind that there are jetways at some airports that are

not animated no matter which cheek your tongue is in. :wink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yessir...like I said in my OP..."Advanced Animations" are enabled...and that is why I went to several different default airports with the default 737 where I saw the jetways moving to up to the AI aircraft, and then went to those specific gates......

<Entry>
            <Key>CTRL+J</Key>
            <Down>TOGGLE_JETWAY</Down>
        </Entry>

It should be in the...

<SimControls.Map>
        <Name>KEYBOARD_MAIN</Name>

...section.

Also, I don't think it matters, try it with the doors closed.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thank you Joe...that's the one.  Could not locate it until you pointed out exactly what to look for and where to find it.

Thanks a million!!!

>S<