Sign in to follow this  
petdocvmd

GNS530 missing waypoints?

Good Day,

I am using the GNS530 in the A2A Commanche in Prepar3d v3.2.3 on a Windows 10 box.  I purchased RealNavdata and verified that the 1604 cycle is loaded (displayed on the Aux->database page).  My first flight I loaded a local GPS approach (GPS 18 KRDG) and flew it with no issues.

Tonight I tried to enter a flight plan into the 530 from KRAL to KSMO via the ONTN7 TEC.  The first intersection I tried to enter was TIFNI.  No entries came up.  Same for BAYJY and ADAMM.  Not even DARTS, which is part of the SMO GPS - A approach. 

I use the real GNS430 in an Archer III, so I know I'm entering the data correctly.  I even tried just looking up the intersections on the intersection subpage of the waypoint group, and they are not coming up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott  

This is being looked into.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Can you tell me the date/time of the gauge you currently have installed?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry - not sure where to find the info you requested.  I had just purchased the gauge from your site and installed it, then used the A2A configurator app and selected the Mindstar GPS option for the Comanche and Archer.  I then purchased the current DB from RealNavData and installed it.

Please let me know where the gauge file should be located and I will find it and provide the date/time.

Thanks,

Scott

There is a folder titled 'Gauges' in your sim's main folder. In there you will find a lot of gauge files. The one I want the info on has MPI_GNS in the name.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No, I don't have a response yet... still looking into this.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

A release addressing this issue should be available in the near future. I don't have a more accurate time frame right now.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I am having the same issue with the 530 and the A2a C 172 . I just purchased the latest Real Nav Data 1607 today , and  the  MPI gns file in gauges is dated 6-2-2016 and I am missing many waypoints. Makes putting in a flight plan impossible. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I decided last night, enough is enough. I have had problems with  the 530 causing P3D to crash, and now I can't get waypoints to pull up to make a flight plan. I decided to purchase the Flight 1 GTN 650, installed it and it works perfectly. Just uninstalled Mindstar. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Mr Cardone,

You contacted our support yesterday (JUL-19-2016) afternoon at 15:46 EST regarding missing waypoints.

You received your first response from support yesterday (JUL-19-2016) afternoon at 15:52.

Your response was at 17:17 yesterday (JUL-19-2016) evening.

You received additional response at 23:10 yesterday (JUL-19-2016) evening regarding missing waypoints.

That is an 8 hour span of people working past their office hours to look into the issue you reported with the desire to help rectify the problem.  

This morning (JUL-20-2016) you posted here that 'enough is enough'.  Your expectations of instant support and issue resolution is, well it's unrealistic.

As was stated in the support process that you abandoned, we are able to pull up the waypoints without any issue whatsoever.  Here is a screenshot that was provided to you:

2016-7-19_23-5-38-373.jpg

Here is an additional image showing the route of those waypoints in the 530 and on SkyVector:

waypoints.jpg

Had you given us the time, I'm 100% certain we could have resolved your issue.  I apologize that our employees don't work around the clock for you.  Other than that, I'm really not sure what you expected.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello, any update on what my issue could be? 

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Please download our latest version from our website and install that over your current installation.  I have personally tested the waypoints you listed in your post and have been able to load them without issue.

If you have any problems, let me know and thank you for your patience.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69