Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

New VFlyteAir Cherokee 140's

The Cherokee will get its first update very soon (this evening or tomorrow). It will include the following changes:

NEW FEATURES:
  • Copilot door now operates per the Piper Cherokee 140 Owner's Handbook. You must click the UPPER door latch to unlock the door, then click the LOWER door handle to open or close the door. When you click the upper door latch, the door will open slightly and remain that way until the latch is clicked again to lock it. If you accidentally leave the door fully open while taxiing or during take-off, the door will shut automatically, but will not latch until you click the upper door latch. (BOTH versions)
  • Added new labels to the radio stack to indicate where the "master sim volume (MSTR SIM VOL)" volume knobs are located. These volume knobs control the engine sounds, weather sounds, and ground contact sounds. The MSTR SIM VOL can be used even when the "headphones" are plugged in.  (BOTH versions)
  • Added new sounds for the fuel primer lever. (BOTH versions)
  • The pilot figure is hidden in exterior views upon start-up with a cold and dark airplane. If you release the parking brake, turn on the Master Switch, or if the engine is running, the pilot will be displayed.  (BOTH versions)
  • Created a new command for the "Master Switch (Battery/Alternator)" that can be assigned to a joystick button or keyboard key combination. 

BUG FIXES:
  • Autopilot will now properly intercept and track ILS approaches and GPS flight plans and RNAV approaches (CLASSIC version)
  • Improved the reported left roll tendency at cruise speeds (torque roll) (BOTH versions)
  • Added all available liveries to both versions (BOTH versions)
  • Exhaust smoke is now located at the outlet of the exhaust pipe instead of forward of the airplane (BOTH versions)
  • Powering off Radio #1 and Radio #2 no longer causes the fuses to pop out (ORIGINAL version)
  • Increased the rolling tire friction coefficient to reduce the "skittish" behavior when landing or taking off (BOTH versions)
  • If the copilot seat back is down when you select "Add Copilot," the seat will automatically be placed back into the upright position (BOTH versions)
  • Propeller now displays properly regardless of how the pilot shuts off the engine (BOTH versions)
  • The starter button is now de-coupled from the magneto switch - the magneto switch is now not affected by starter operation (BOTH versions)
  • Panel flood light is now red instead of white (BOTH versions)
  • Added TO/FROM indicators to the CDI instruments (CDI #1 on the Original version and CDI #2 on the Classic version)
  • Added new drag-axis manipulators to the OBS knobs and the HDG knob (Classic version). These are in addition to the "click-left and click-right" manipulators. Makes it easier to make large adjustments with the "click and drag" manipulator, then fine-tune with the "click" manipulators. The OBS knob manipulators now allow multiple rotations left and right.  (BOTH versions)
  • Changed the Garmin 430 NAV manipulators to use the proper g430 datarefs (CLASSIC version)
  • The ALT and GS indicators on the STEC55X now work per the STEC manual when in APPR mode (CLASSIC version)
  • Added Speed and Distance LEDs to CDI #1 gauge for GPS source (CLASSIC version)

User Manuals have been updated as well.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Sounds great!    I know it's going against the ethos of the "original", but I do wish we had an option for a pop-up GNS430 in there.....   I know, I know!  :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Sounds great!    I know it's going against the ethos of the "original", but I do wish we had an option for a pop-up GNS430 in there.....   I know, I know!  :smile:

I think if you open the aircraft in PlaneMaker, go to the 2D panel, drag a GNS430 onto an empty space at the panel, tick the "bus 1" checkbox and save, you can assign a key to the GPS in X-Plane's keyboard setting and then use this key to show and hide this GNS.

By the way, the update is now available at the vFlyteAir store; existing customers should be able to download it. The update should also be available at the .org store and other resellers soon.

• Upvote 1

I think if you open the aircraft in PlaneMaker, go to the 2D panel, drag a GNS430 onto an empty space at the panel, tick the "bus 1" checkbox and save, you can assign a key to the GPS in X-Plane's keyboard setting and then use this key to show and hide this GNS.

By the way, the update is now available at the vFlyteAir store; existing customers should be able to download it. The update should also be available at the .org store and other resellers soon.

Great, thanks Mario, look forward to trying that! ....... (and to grabbing the update). :smile:

These are far and away my favourite GA aircraft in XP10.

Bill

Very much looking forward to these updates! They look they address a lot, if not all, of the small things that have been brought up on the .org forums.

I checked the .org store just now, they're not there yet.  Can't wait to try them!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I checked the .org store just now, they're not there yet.  Can't wait to try them!

We sent the updates to the store 2 days ago. Don't know why they are not online yet...

I bought direct from Vflye and the updates were available 2 days ago.   Love it, makes a fantastic GA aircraft even better!

Bill

We sent the updates to the store 2 days ago. Don't know why they are not online yet...

It's been a holiday weekend in USA, if that has something to do with it.  I, took the days off from work. 

Very much looking forward to these updates! They look they address a lot, if not all, of the small things that have been brought up on the .org forums.

I bought direct from Vflye and the updates were available 2 days ago.   Love it, makes a fantastic GA aircraft even better!

It's been a holiday weekend in USA, if that has something to do with it.  I, took the days off from work. 

There have been some technical difficulties with our message we sent to the .org store containing the update. We've resent it now, but please give the store some more time. Sorry for the delay and thanks for understanding!

Update 1.1 is now available on the .org store. If you purchased the aircraft there, log in to your store account and re-download the aircraft. Please note that now both variants include all liveries.

Update 1.1 is now available on the .org store. If you purchased the aircraft there, log in to your store account and re-download the aircraft. Please note that now both variants include all liveries.

Thanks for the info!!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ok .. just bought the full package based on Jimmy RFR's review .. the clincher being LAdamson's perspective. :)

Downloading now. 

Any recommendations where to fly in Europe or the US or indeed anywhere with good VFR scenery?

Where do you guys fly .. and why?

Cheers!

How is their PA28 Arrow III. I really dislike planes that don't have retractable gears which is weird considering I'm not in the external view much. I looked the arrow's III page and it looks similar in quality. I'm asking because I don't wish to buy another plane that has a horrible flight model like the Duke Turbine from RW Designs.

EDIT: Some of the planes on Xplane store are downright horrible :sad:

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I looked the arrow's III page and it looks similar in quality. I'm asking because I don't wish to buy another plane that has a horrible flight model like the Duke Turbine from RW Designs.

Well, as I'm working for vFlyteAir, I should probably not say this, but if I had the choice between our Arrow and our Cherokee, at this time I would definitely get the Cherokee, not the Arrow. The Cherokee's flight behavior is based on the real aircraft our founder Walker Guthrie flies on a regular basis, so we were able to be really precise there. Also, all of our beta testers are real-world Cherokee 140 pilots. In v1.1, we also reduced the torque roll a lot, so it's very stable now. Also, the engine systems are a bit more detailed, and the sounds of the Cherokee are much better. Overall, I'd say the Cherokee is our best aircraft so far.

Any recommendations where to fly in Europe or the US or indeed anywhere with good VFR scenery?

Where do you guys fly .. and why?

Although I'm from Germany, I nowadays mostly fly in the U.S., mainly the West Coast. A lot of nice airports and city scenery there by MisterX6 (San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland), plus some other small airports by Rik Nillson (such as Shelter Cove, but also others). All freeware/donationware.

For the East Coast, get MisterX6's new Boston and combine it with Massachusetts Pro (both free). But there's so much more...

• Upvote 2

Thanks Mario .. btw I agree with the perspectives previously about your plane .. it is fantastic thank you very much! I too prefer the Original for some reason.

I'll be checking out the West coast!